• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Connect-A-Mat

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
My pin is setup on an uneven hardwood floor.
I have rubber footies to prevent the pin from sliding around, but I find I still have to check pitch and level and then dial it back in far too often.
I was wondering if anyone is using the interlocking floor mats you can find at Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/connect ... hes/996228

Figured this might solve my problem, providing the whole mat doesn't slide around.

Any other thoughts or ideas? Especially with ACDC, if the game isn't levelled perfectly, it has a mind of it's own.

Thanks!

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Thanks Tim.
I think squishy might be ok, but I've also found some plain no-slip mats that go under carpets. I expect that for $8, this would be the best solution.

Other opinions still appreciated!

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Thanks Adam.
Stupid question (as I expect they are there for a reason):
The lock nuts prevent your leg levellers from retracting, back into the legs, thus throwing the level off completely?

Another way of asking this: so those little guys really make a big difference, huh? Have to admit, I've tightened them previously, but don't do it all the time since it seems to be adjusted frequently. That could be partly to blame.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Yes the provided lock nuts on the leg levelers will stop your leg levelers from moving.

They are supposed to be between the leveler and the leg, so not on the part that has already been threaded through the leg.

Once you have the machine pitched and leveled where you want, you tighten up the nuts and that will lock the levelers in place so they don't move. You tighten the nuts up against the leg.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
You can also put a nut on the inside of the leg where the leveller comes through, that prevents the leveller from moving at all. Even with a tightened nut on the bottom, often after continuous bouncing, they just work loose and start to wind down, so I tend to double nut them (if the levellers are new). If the levellers are old and rusted, this not so much problem be (going through a Yoda phase).

However, to keep a pin from sliding around, look for the rubber cups that go on the bottom of the leg levellers. I haven't located a local source for the ones that are like booties, but the rubber cup ones you can get at Home Hardware and elsewhere. The proper booties are available in the US as an after market add on (you can also buy replacement leg levellers with them already attached). They are good at keeping a pin from sliding around on a slick surface and damaging a wood floor.

In theory you could set up the pin in its place and level, and then discretely mark the floor at each leg, and also the threads of the leveller at the bottom of the lock nut, and then if it goes out of whack, you should be able to quickly put it back in it's exact location, and ensure the legs are levelled to the original heights.

Those anti fatigue mats you referred to will wear out quickly under each leg if the pinball gets any use, and I find that they also tend to collect dirt and dust. They are nice to stand on while playing a pinball on a concrete basement floor though.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Thanks for the help guys!
I'll start by leveling it in again this weekend, then tightening the bolts.
Hoping that's the only issue and that it's not so much related to the pin moving around a little on the floor.
Stupid condo living!
Of course, I spend less time shovelling snow and more time playing so that's a plus.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hmmm, you'd figure a condo would have pretty even flooring.
Anyway, as long as the game resides in the same general location and you're not 'walking' it accross the floor as you vigorously try to climb the IFPA rankings... you should be fine by locking the levelers in like Adam suggested.

Good luck ;)