• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Comet LED Between Toronto to London

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Ordered from Pinball Medics in Ottawa. I was hoping to pick some up while I'm on the road but that didn't happen.
I'm traveling near London On next week. Looking for who might carry Comet LED that isn't either to far off the 401 407 or in Kitchener or London.
I might finally be able to save myself some shipping fees LOL.

Last edited:

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Thanks but I only want comet. I just figured out my whirlwind needs comet led. I tried 2 other led NG lamps and they flicker. For some reason. Comet doesn't

TrueJedi

Apr 20, 2017
Lindsay, ON
Oddly the only bulb I've had issues with is Comet. I've purchased 2 used machines with Comets and several (not a lot) bulbs were defective including the top popping off. Never had an issue with ww.pinballeds.ca on any of my machines. More cost effective and supporting a Canadian Business. There is also Dave as well in Collingwood. Another Canadian supplier.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Thanks but I only want comet. I just figured out my whirlwind needs comet led. I tried 2 other led NG lamps and they flicker. For some reason. Comet doesn't
I actually tried several bulbs in my Class of 1812 that all ghosted, Eddie was able to hook me up with ones that worked without ghosting. He knows his stuff and his bulbs are on par with comet.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I've never had a flickering problem with Dave Astill's bulbs.
It's not "because it's a Comet" that you have, or have not, a flickering problem.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Well I beg to differ. Drapl and the other flicker and the comet don't???

For the bulbs that flicker in one game did you try the exact same bulb in another game to see if it flickers too? That would be one easy way to tell if it's the leds or if there is a problem in your game. My experience with flickering bulbs are if they are old first generation ones from say 10+ years ago. Otherwise if you are buying from reputable suppliers like Comet, pinballleds.ca (Eddie) or pinballroms (Dave Astill) they shouldn't flicker otherwise they would stop selling them.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Thanks, yes I did try back and forth, tried multiple LED from 3 supplies in both machines in many combinations. 2 from your comment flicker and the Comet is the only one that does NOT flicker.
Talking to comet rep, the components internally are not the same.
Well I have an order ready for Comet led and the person who supplied the original is refunding me after I send them back.

I know it may not make sense but I think there may be a quality issue for sure.
Just sadly many questions on here and pinside and testing so many transistors, diodes, chasing wires. I learned a few things but the heartache lol.