• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ColorDMD's next game is...

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
ColorDMD Announces Game 17!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce multicolor support for The Simpsons Pinball Party pinball machines! TSPP is the 17th supported title for the ColorDMD platform, and second game colored by Mark Jarzewiak. The color ROM for TSPP is targeted for release early-to-mid February.

Mark is a member of the Northern Georgia Pinball League, and an active member of the Pinside and P-ROC forums. He joined the ColorDMD team in late 2013, was responsible for bringing Doctor Who to life, and also contributed on Indiana Jones! Mark has done a great job with this title and we're excited to share his work with you!

The ColorDMD Developer Group was formed to encourage participation by the pinball community, increase the rate at which games are colored, and extend the effort to color titles that might not otherwise be reached. The Developer Group is currently engaged on eight active projects spanning WPC, SAM/WhiteStar, and DE platforms. New projects are being added all the time!

For more information on becoming a developer, please contact us at info@colordmd.com!

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Happy I sold my TSPP or it would cost me good coin, as this will be fantastic (if properly executed)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
The animation style for the Simpsons seems the really lend itself to the Color DMD. Just from that one still, it looks really good.

Stern should really just abandon the LCD and buy these guys out or something.

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
pretty sure there,s a lot of people not willing to pay a NIB 500$ more because the color dmd.
lots of guys prefere the old school look.

bottom line, stern will not take the chance to lose or upset clients for a couple buck more. pretty sure thr profit is very slim on these color dmd

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
pretty sure thr profit is very slim on these color dmd

I would beg to disagree with this statement. Where the ColorDMD guys get riled up VERY quickly whenever there seems to be any sort of competition for them, I'm willing to bet the profit margin on these displays is actually pretty high.

D

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Stern should really just abandon the LCD and buy these guys out or something.

Why? What colorDMD is doing is a nice alternative, but why translate everything you want to create to a dot matrix pattern when you don't have to? At this point, I'd suspect that it's almost MORE work to create dots than composite text/video on a screen. Some of the animations that TSPP uses could be taken straight from the show assets. Assuming that space is no longer an issue (since spike supports SD cards), you could store a ton of data (no reason to try to fit everything into an eprom).

Jan 17, 2015
North Hatley
Hey
FYI: When you pre-order a Simpson's colorDMD, you get a confirmation telling you that it will be available arounf Feb.14th.
What it really means is that you'll receive the Hardaware NOW and you'll have to wait for the firmware in Feb.
I was suprised yesterday when I got the Hardware only 1 week after my order.
I think it's preety cool. You can add it to another game while waiting for the firmware!