• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Check your batteries in your pins lately?

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Menace said:
you could always use Lithium AA instead ...

D

+1 on the Lithium. Have a set of these in my folded TZ. Three years now. Hmm, maybe I should check them.

I may go the eneloop route since they have great staying power. I ordered a few dozen of their aa/aaa from Dell back when they were on sale in November. I swear by these batteries. I have a point and shoot camera that only takes double A. When I load fresh Duracell AA they only last 1-2 hours under continuous use. The Eneloops have made it well past that point. They will easily pay for themselves. I use them exclusively for xbox controllers and tv remotes.

Anyone try this type of battery in a pinball game?

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
spiroagnew said:
25 Energizer AAs at Best Buy for $12.99...special display at checkout.

Well according to Geoff, Energizers are the way to go. In all of his years of operating he told me he had never seen one leak. I have since switched over as I have had Duracells leak after a year. I would take the word and trust someone who has been operating for over 20 years.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Do those 'watch' batterries need replacing at the same frequency or what?

I was actually wondering the same thing myself. I don't think so, since these kinds of batteries are used all over the place, and I haven't heard of one leaking, although I have seen them die on things like a PC motherboard. Does anyone bother changing these?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Chris Bardon said:
I was actually wondering the same thing myself. I don't think so, since these kinds of batteries are used all over the place, and I haven't heard of one leaking, although I have seen them die on things like a PC motherboard. Does anyone bother changing these?

I've never seen these CR2032 batteries on 5-10+ years old motherboards ever leak so you might fine.