• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Charity Pinball Tournament - November 7th 2015

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Pinball for Change

A tournament to raise fund for Free the Children, the charity of choice for my family.

Tournament fee is $25, with $15 going to Free the Children and $10 to the Prize Pool.

1st Place - 50%
2nd Place - 25%
3rd Place - 15%
4th Place - 10%

This will be a 4 strike elimination Match Play tournament, registered with IFPA.

Doors Open at 7 PM, Match Play Starts at 8 PM.

Due to the size of my basement and collection, this tournament will be comprised of a maximum of 16 players only. First come, first served, and I will have a waitlist if necessary.

Please reserve your spot by PM.

Address will be given to registered participants only.

Last edited:

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Hi Walt, That's awesome helping out charity and getting to play pinball! I wish I could make it! :(

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Thanks Kevin - happy to wait list you if you want.

Btw, thanks for your kind words - I just saw them recently when the thread was resurrected. It was no trouble and you're welcome to come play again.

Walt

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
And the two dropped out, so the first two on the waiting list are in. The waiting list is currently empty, so get your name in if you want a shot.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Very pleased with the response to this - thanks guys!

We're full with 2 on the waiting list currently.

Also want to thank Che, who donated to the cause even though he can't make it, and Luch who was kind enough to double his entry fee to increase his donation!

This is likely to be a recurring event, as my wife really likes the idea of our hobbies merging.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Well done on this event Walt.
I will step up and donate as well.
Looking forward to it as a regular event.
Fundraising is an important part of our lives.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
#pinballforchange Number 1 took place last night at my place.

Between the raffle and the tournament we raised $1175 towards our family goal of $5000 to provide a Primary Education to 100 children in Ecuador.

Tournament results can be seen here. Results have been submitted to IFPA pending approval. http://live.brackelope.com/t/s8jin

Thanks again to Ed and Brock for kindly donating the raffle prizes.

#1 - signed BNL poster and Silverball cd - Charles Blaquiere
#2 - Bose headphones - Steven Machado
#3 - Kiss translite - Traci Reid
#4 - PBREV tshirt - Jenny Morose

Reactions: kvoxx

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Gentlemen and ladies,

It took me a little while to finalize everything as I've had a few personal issues over the past two weeks, but just to keep things accountable and public with the money being raised for this, feel free to peruse our Family Fundraising page.

Pinball for Change #1 and the accompanying raffle took in a total of $1205, including a few last minute donations at DRAPL (thanks guys).

This is reflected by the $1155 listed as Pinball for Change #1, and the $50 which was directly donated by my brother and sister-in-law.

You can look at the page here.

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=3152801&langPref=en-CA

Many many thanks, and looking forward to more successful events!