• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Caution on scammer PMs

dr.nybble

Nov 28, 2014
Ottawa
Several users PMed me saying they had been messaged about an item for sale and referencing my username. They were directed to email a gmail account for further info.

They PMed me and of course I knew nothing about it. Use caution with replies to Wanted ads!

Reactions: Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Yep, someone in California opened an account last night and immediately PM’ed me that you had a Gyruss for sale.

Not sure why someone would do something so juvenile

heinekenlvr

Mar 3, 2013
ottawa
Yep, someone in California opened an account last night and immediately PM’ed me that you had a Gyruss for sale.

Not sure why someone would do something so juvenile
I got an email from them as well...PMed me about Midway Coin door that you had for sale. I suspected it was a scam an deleted it.

dr.nybble

Nov 28, 2014
Ottawa
Suspect that they try to gain credibility by referencing a member. Little did they know that I never sell anything!

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Oh wow, I got caught in this too. Good thing I decided to PM here instead of e-mail. It looks like they are using a legit member's name but putting a fake e-mail in, not a bad scam to be honest it probably would have gotten me if I chose to e-mail.
The user's name is sewfrey1, avoid them they are a scammer.

cooke

Nov 14, 2012
London, Ontario
www.londonpinball.ca
I have dealt with this also. I got the following message from sewfrey1:

Hey Buddy, I recently purchase items from a member here @Dee-Bow, Gottlieb System 80A 7-digit display are among the items he's willing to part out with. You can email him at dretchad11@ gmail. com if he still have it available for sale.

Thanks.

So I sent an email to the address he included and got some clown who sent photos from ebay of the display I'm after. Total clowns. I hope the admins ban sewfrey1.

soltic

Oct 23, 2013
Richmond Hill
Received 2 suspicious pm's re the games I have for sale from 2 separate users who signed up recently / right before pm'ing me - but they're not referencing anyone else on the forum, pm content is suspicious and if I didn't know better - scammy....

Users WheZzMyQrtrrr & st_gamer

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Received 2 suspicious pm's re the games I have for sale from 2 separate users who signed up recently / right before pm'ing me - but they're not referencing anyone else on the forum, pm content is suspicious and if I didn't know better - scammy....

Users WheZzMyQrtrrr & st_gamer
on it ... if you report a user they also get flagged globally...

WherZzMyQrtrrr

Dec 5, 2023
Kelowna
Hello Pin Revolution people , I am new to site but not old to Pinball, I am just looking to add some machines to my present two which are Attack from Mars and Cirqus Voltaire. So no scam here just joining in on the forum and the passion.

Soltic understand the caution , as lots of funny stuff happening out there.

Thanks Dave