• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Cactus Canyon LE (Traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
I was almost considering an ultraman CE because the value seemed great for a newer pin but then it looks like it won't hold its value in the future?

PinLuvr1965

Nov 12, 2022
Ajax

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I think he was trying to be sarcastic/funny given how his sat FS with no interest and all the bad mouthing that is heard about spooky in general.

Damien

Sep 25, 2016
Toronto
Really? Didn’t you have this game and were hyping how great it was when you were selling it? I had considered buying it from you. Kinda dirty to say such good things when selling only to tell the truth now that you dumped it.

https://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/scooby-doo-ce-huo-low-plays.13269/

posts #20, 37, 39, and best (or worst if honesty matters) of all is 58

Yes, at one point I did feel positive about it.

But after selling it, and going through my head about all the hours I spent fixing it, and how compared to many other games, it really didn't offer much enjoyment, I decided it was a dud.

Sometimes you don't realize how you feel about a game until it's gone.

For instance, I sold a Maiden Premium because I thought it was getting repetitive, just to buy another one recently because I realized that the game is magic after not having it a while.

PinLuvr1965

Nov 12, 2022
Ajax
Should’ve stuck with MikeMan’s reasoning. To go from it’s a great game to it’s a turd while not owning it and only within a few months is unrealistic but who knows. I’ve learned a lesson here though when certain people hype their games while selling them. Caveat emptor!

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
I love my Scooby-Doo, love the theme. I don't buy for investment and I don't flip pins. I also chimed in on the previous for sale ad stating as much and my thoughts remain the same but regardless, get over to play one and decide yourself. ;)

Reactions: PinLuvr1965

Damien

Sep 25, 2016
Toronto
I offered an explanation. I don't need an excuse.

I've been nothing but fair in all my dealings, and I'm certain there are a few people here who would vouch.

I've lost a lot of money in this hobby trying to be reasonable, and I've hopefully gained a lot of confidence in people because my games are always immaculate.

The reality is, I tried to love Scooby, but it just wasn't for me.

I also have lost trust in Spooky because that game took me endless hours to fix.

By the time I traded it, the other party got a perfectly functional machine.

Maybe some of my hate for the game has to do with the hours I poured in trying to get it working.

Reactions: roar

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
SD did nothing for me either but IMO better than RZ. Now TCM looks freaking awesome and I hope it is. Might be my first Spooky game.

Enough of my yacking, let's get back to selling a CCRLE.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Thanks for the offer but I have to pass. Scooby is really for my wife. It’s the only game she really wants (that we don’t have already). I got myself Looney Tunes. SD is for her :)

Reactions: dnaman and Wcb
Status
Not open for further replies.