• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Bally Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
SOLD

I picked this up last month with the plan to fix it up myself as my first project, but I don't have the tools, expertise, space or as it turns out the patience to take it on. A great project for someone who has at least 3 of those 4 things :)

The game is working for both sound and recording scores. One display is flickering pretty badly but I haven't debugged it to find out why. I replaced a number of bulbs but there are some still not working where the problem is clearly not the bulb. Plastics are generally in good shape with a few scratches.

The fly away targets are very unique and this is a rare game, only 1,000 made.

The cabinet head and left side (from the front) of the main cabinet are in good shape for the age, the right side has a hole it in. Adriano identified that the legs are Gotleib instead of Bally legs which explains why it is sitting so high.

The playfield is smooth enough to play with mylar in various spots but overall is rough with a lot of wear and colour variation.

Photos for now, I can take more of the cabinet and inside tonight.

One small set of stairs out of my basement or I can delivery locally for an additional charge.

Last edited:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Nice project for someone. Re: production run...they made two versions of the game: a two player and a four player. This model looks to be a two player, with a confirmed run of 1000, as the original post states. The 4-Player has an unconfirmed production run, but probably numbers at 1000 units or less. Just a little trivia...GLWS.

westniall

Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
I would love to take that but I'm all full up. 6 Pins in the basement is all I can fit without removing my little boys train set :)
What about trading it for a working pin?

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Sorry, I can't do a trade at this point. I have the same issue with space, I didn't anticipate this hobby when I bought the house.

KADLAD

Dec 7, 2012
Ajax O)nt.
$450

I picked this up last month with the plan to fix it up myself as my first project, but I don't have the tools, expertise, space or as it turns out the patience to take it on. A great project for someone who has at least 3 of those 4 things :)

The game is working for both sound and recording scores. One display is flickering pretty badly but I haven't debugged it to find out why. I replaced a number of bulbs but there are some still not working where the problem is clearly not the bulb. Plastics are generally in good shape with a few scratches.

The fly away targets are very unique and this is a rare game, only 1,000 made.

The cabinet head and left side (from the front) of the main cabinet are in good shape for the age, the right side has a hole it in. Adriano identified that the legs are Gotleib instead of Bally legs which explains why it is sitting so high.

The playfield is smooth enough to play with mylar in various spots but overall is rough with a lot of wear and colour variation.

Photos for now, I can take more of the cabinet and inside tonight.

I'm planning on moving it to the garage tonight for easy pick or I can delivery locally for an additional charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.