• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Thanks for the responses gents. I was talked out of the Avatar very quickly. Going to be looking at the AF, X-Men Magento LE and AC/DC pro this weekend. Almost pulled the trigger on a LOTR LE, but just outside my price range unfortunately (I should say, outside the wifes price range!)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
REVOLUTION said:
$4k is a decent price, the game isn't THAT bad..

Yes it is.

It falls into the category of the "Single Overpowering Strategy" category.

The only think worth doing is going after the link double super from a points perspective.

You get your shot X' on the link lock shot and then play the mulitball, the overall scoring in Avaturd is really low for everything else, but the double link super is worth 12 mil for one shot, it's completely out of balance.

So you end up finding yourself grinding you way through:

Lower 3 bank
Head after and start link mulitball
Hit mech a few times to get that mulitball almost ready
Now focus on Link double super
Regardless of if you get it or not, once done, start amp suit multiball
Since jackpots in the multiball are worth nothing use that time to bang away on the more dangerous link shot.
Get into link mulitball
rinse repeat

It's mind-numbingly boreing to play

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
see, you make it SOUND easy but for 98% of us it's just not that simple. That, and you're a points player. I like to play to "beat the game", rather than points. Not great in competition I know, but I'm not a competitive player when it's just me playing the game. :ugeek: