• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Anhyone having trouble posting pics?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been trying to update my restoration thread since Friday.
Every time I try to upload a pic the site goes to a blank white screen.
It happens in a variety of places on different networks, so I'm not suspecting a firewall or connectivity issue.

Anyone else having similar problems?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Thanks.
I was finally able to do it.

Seems it was not good enough to simply downgrade the size of my files... the site also did not like the physical dimensions.
I trimmed them back to a max of 600x800 pixels and it works fine.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
DRANO said:
Thanks.
I was finally able to do it.

Seems it was not good enough to simply downgrade the size of my files... the site also did not like the physical dimensions.
I trimmed them back to a max of 600x800 pixels and it works fine.

Ditto, but never had that problem before. I've changed a couple settings, let see if that fixes it.

- B

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Hey guys, the server has always had a limit on file size uploads, it is just standard usually for websites, if we used a commercial bulletin board software, it would use a fancy flash uploader, shrink the images and upload way nicer, but until PbRev can raise an other $200 bucks, we cannot purchase the software. We need to raise enough money to buy the complete package, otherwise we won't have the tapatalk functionality that a lot of you use.

So for now, just drop the image size before you upload it to the website. I recommend using this product, I have used it before. It is ad free and safe.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Derek