• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

An International Pinball Experience

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
On Monday I did something I have never done before . I left my house and drove 45 minutes to the Finch subway station to meet someone I had met on Pinside. I came up with this idea of inviting a total stranger from the other side of the world Australia to my house to play pinball, all because we have a common interest in pinball and he had expressed interest in playing pinball when in Toronto for a business conference . So I invited him to my house , it turns out this is the same night as our TOPL league night . So I offer him an invite to league night which he accepts. Turns out we are running a bit late because of traffic and the whole league waits till we get there to start the competition . Thank you . All the guys were great and welcomed my guest with open arms and great stories about pinball and good competition . The guest got to see pinball in Toronto at it's finest . Thank you Adam for the nice mention of Daniel's visit on Topl . After league night he and a few of the guys came over to my place to see and play my collection . Thank you . I would like to say thank you to Frolic for driving my guest home and showing him his collection , and David and Mark . I took a chance on this and thought why not. Sometimes you have to put an idea out there and just go for it . I never thought I would meet someone from the other side of the world with the same interest in Pinball . So thank you Daniel "dmj1977" for allowing me the pleasure and honour of being you host for Pinball Toronto style . Your new friend in pinball Mike .
P.S . Daniel was given a Pinball Revolution T-Shirt that he said he would wear with pride down under , thanks Brock .

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Luch, just because this worked out well, it's probably a bad idea to drive around asking people if they'd like to get in your car and "play pinball". :lol:

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
well my original idea of hanging around a play ground and asking kids if they like pinball was rethought , "hey kiddies want to come to my basement and play pinball" :eek:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
luch said:
well my original idea of hanging around a play ground and asking kids if they like pinball was rethought , "hey kiddies want to come to my basement and play pinball" :eek:

13889907318_d9ec69c7ea.jpg

You mean that wasn't you I saw by the elementary school luch? :lol:

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
good one Mike!
LMBO

Way to go Luch! I saw that thread on Pinside and I'm glad that he took you up on your generous offer.
Good for you for showing the Aussie pinheads what us Canucks are really all about!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
luch said:
On Monday I did something I have never done before . I left my house and drove 45 minutes to the Finch subway station to meet someone I had met on Pinside. I came up with this idea of inviting a total stranger from the other side of the world Australia to my house to play.....

Man.
This was starting out to be a really promising letter to Penthouse :(

Good on you Luch.
Always good to share the hobby and meet new people.
Some of my best "pinball" friends are in places like Alaska, Europe and even Australia!