• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

ALLENTOWN - ride avail., but room needed

tim.sanderson

Hi all. I'm driving down to Allentown this year. I have shotgun available in my car if anyone needs a ride.

Also, I haven't booked accommodations yet. If someone's got a room they'd like to share, or wants to find someone to split a place with, let me know.

I'll get a place on my own if I don't hear from anyone, but I would like to keep the costs down as much as possible. After all, that means more $$$ to bring a game home with!

Let me know.

Tim

tim.sanderson

Ha, right? I'd almost consider that if the weather was better. :p

There's an extra room reserved at the Holiday Inn that I can claim, but I have to let the person who's holding it know asap. I think it's around $90+tax. I'm asuming that's in USD, so that'll make for a pricey solo room.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
You should convince Luch to share that room with you! :D

I know he's been wondering if he should go or not!

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
I actually would make a trip somewhere, I wonder what the biggest show in the states is, or if you could find one in honolulu so the wife would be on board lol

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I actually would make a trip somewhere, I wonder what the biggest show in the states is, or if you could find one in honolulu so the wife would be on board lol
Plan for the Ottawa Show if you want to stay Canadian side.

Otherwise there is Allentown, Replay FX, and some other shows that Im not aware of.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket

I couldn't find a single pinball machine on Maui, Oahu, or the big island when we were there in January.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yeah, it used to be but there have been a few shows as of late that are giving it a run for it's money, specifically the Texas Pinball Fest that just happened a couple weeks ago.

I like Expo because it's a great location, you can do the Stern factory tour, it's spread out over 3-4 days with 24hr pinball on most of the days, and usually there are a handful of good seminars to attend. Plus the venue is great as you can get a room at the hotel so no transportation needed other than your feet and a good pair of shoes.

D

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Wow that fx is HUGE 700 machines! Looking at fx, chicogo, and both are really bad for my work schedual, allentown wouldnt have been bad but Im just back from another trip the 2nd so dont really want to turn around and fly out again!

Whats ottawa show like? Crappy part is its usually cheaper to fly to the states! But if there are a few hundred machines there it would be worth taking a trip..