• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

All my pins under one roof - the TRUE holy grail!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been spending the last few days trying to get the new gameroom set up so I can have some people over and not be running around with a soldering iron the whole time.

I currently have space for about 14 in the gameroom, but eventually 17, once we finish a few renos and I can remove a pile of storage boxes currently taking up some space.
Hopefully the last game of this first lineup will get slotted in today; my recently restored WH2O. The last couple of nights has been a blur of repairing bad switches, small board fixes and tons of adjustments just to get some of the "player" pins in decent shape. I haven't even bothered checking games for proper pitch and level yet.

Last night, despite a bad coin door test switch, I got JM up and running. I also repaired an issue with the controlled drop target. Special Force is mostly working, but still has a few hang-ups in the ball trough. I'm quickly learing to dislike Bally 6803 games. Tonight, if I can get WH2O set up quickly, I'll probably install the colourDMD I got for it and then a couple of the EMs will get some adjustment.

I'm looking forward to having everything in playing order by the weekend!
Will post pics soon.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
White Water finally came home last night!
I spent about 8 months restoring this game from scratch and it's been sitting relatively unplayed at my shop for several more months. It had to come home and fill the last remaining slot. So, with some help from Warlock, WH2O and my C37 cabinet made it home and my Shadow and TOTAN projects were ushered back to my shop for eventual ressurection after CC gets done.

And, I can't resist a good panoramic shot, so here's the first official lineup.
I can eventually get 3 more games next to high speed, but there is a mountain of storage/packing boxes from our move directly behind where I'm standing.
I will eventually also limit the wedgeheads to 3. The space is actually pretty good for me, but when guests come over and people want to have 2-4 player games, it will be awkward.

Attachments

• IMG_4731.JPG
    IMG_4731.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4736.JPG
    IMG_4736.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 249
  • LINEUP_2013_09_25 sm.jpg
    LINEUP_2013_09_25 sm.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 250

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I also cleaned up the garage a little and set up a few "fixer uppers" and Grand Lizard... which should go downstairs next to HS once I get a chance.

Centigrade 37 and Farfalla are also in the "shop/garage" awaiting re-assembly.

I even moved the beer fridge and carved out a spot that will eventually be filled by a nice DK cab with a 60-in-1

I also laid down the same tile as the one I used for my basement sub-flooring. In the next few weeks I'll be framing and insulating the exterior walls and adding some temp controll so I can use this year round.

Attachments

• IMG_4717.JPG
    IMG_4717.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4712.JPG
    IMG_4712.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 248

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Wow,
I went back to this old thread and just realized it's been over a year since I posted any progress.

Although this is not the latest shot of the garage, the "shop" has been completely framed, insulated and skinned in pegboard. This pic is a few months old but the beer fridge has been moved to the opposite wall and I've made room for one of my custom Nintendo cabs with a MAME in it's place; sitting next to Super Sprint.

Attachments

• Garage 2014.JPG
    Garage 2014.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 62

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
...meanwhile, back at the ranch, I also managed to clear most of our moving boxes and assorted junk out of the last remaining corner of the gameroom and set up my wall of ss games. Everything from early Gottlieb & Bally ss and up to Williams sys11 us the rule for this wall. This is the first lineup but I anticipate a lot of shuffling along this wall.

Banzai Run and Joker Poker finally came downstairs and the last two holes were filled with Farfalla and a newly acquired Space Station.
High Speed is upstairs in the garage waiting for a playfield swap.

No more updates for now until I finish organzing the shop space. And, that won;t happen until I get two more games out of the garage.
Next big project will be the MAME bar downstairs. I've already hung my old plasma on the wall in anticipation!

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 61
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 61