• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

AD-FREE

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Yeah, good thing we dont get those annoying Internal Error 500 messages. Thanks Brock!

tim.sanderson

Thank you indeed!
I still think there should be a DONATE button somewhere on the site. I like to donate $10 or $20 every once in a while to sites that I find useful.
(and I definitely find this one to be very useful!) Maybe set up an EMT thingy users can drop a few bucks into now and then.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Azatotht said:
Thanks for being bullshit free... oh wait...

You're just a bunch of 10 years old..

Welcome aboard, Az! :D

And to everyone, you're very welcome! I find ads and banners incredibly annoying as they tend to clutter up the site. The only ad banner that will be added eventually will be small and relevant to the community (ie. pinball suppliers only). My goal is to get member discounts at said sites, so it's a small trade-up.

- B

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Azatotht said:

What can I say... I'm young at heart.

But seriously... what's with the hate on for this forum? (and why does it seem like the ones closely affiliated with MAACA have the biggest issue?)

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Menace said:
Azatotht said:

What can I say... I'm young at heart.

But seriously... what's with the hate on for this forum? (and why does it seem like the ones closely affiliated with MAACA have the biggest issue?)

I don't have a dog in this race, but I think you are dead wrong.

To be honest, it always seems like the hard core Pinball Revolution guys like to take a swing at MAACA given a chance. I don't understand where this comes from nor do I really care, but as a business owner I would think Brock should be above this type of behavior. Yet at every opportunity, for example "That is because my server is not in russia or some other CONTINENT.", he loves to jump right in.

We all get along and hang out at the shows, so why the MAACA hate? Seriously guys, give it a rest. I enjoy both boards and I'm sure most do as well.

Climbing off my soapbox....

Cheers,
Duane

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
TwilightZone said:
I enjoy both boards and I'm sure most do as well.

Agree with Duane...its nice to have the "local" flavor of this board, but I have learned a lot from reading the other too. That being said, I do post on this board more often...I feel like one of the "usual gang of idiots" around here (that's a MAD Magazine reference, not an insult). Thanks for keeping it ad-free, and giving us Ontario boys somewhere to drag our feet.

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
I prefer the experience allot more on Pinball Revolution and only post here now...sure there are some great guys still on MAACA, but the abundance of personal jabs and wiseass remarks (not to me personally) just made me hesitant to post there anymore. I find this place more friendly/civil.

Viva la revolution!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
TwilightZone said:
To be honest, it always seems like the hard core Pinball Revolution guys like to take a swing at MAACA given a chance. I don't understand where this comes from nor do I really care, but as a business owner I would think Brock should be above this type of behavior. Yet at every opportunity, for example "That is because my server is not in russia or some other CONTINENT.", he loves to jump right in.

I didn't say that, Duane! Derek the web guy did... like you said, I'm trying to run a business so I'm trying as much as possible to stay out of all this (though sometimes I get dragged in without even realizing it, and it goes much deeper than anything you've read on either forum). That said, I'm not about to tell others what they can and can't say. All I ask is that y'all leave me out of it, and don't connect it to our forum in any way.

We started this board to get away from all that stuff... this is our hobby, let's take it back. Hobbies aren't supposed to be stressful. I have enough of that with selling a house, buying a house, raising a baby, prepping for #2 and growing a business. And I'm sure everyone has other things to worry about.

Let's play some pinball :)

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
REVOLUTION said:
TwilightZone said:

I didn't say that, Duane! Derek the web guy did... like you said, I'm trying to run a business so I'm trying as much as possible to stay out of all this (though sometimes I get dragged in without even realizing it, and it goes much deeper than anything you've read on either forum).

:FP: Right you are. You didn't say that. My bad.

I read the post and, to be honest, had finally had enough. I don't know the behind the scenes stuff and don't care to know. I enjoy everyone's company at events like Allentown. In person, everyone is cool and none of this MAACA/Pinball Revolution crap comes up. But once back at the keyboard, it surfaces. Let it alone guys and just enjoy both boards.

Cheers,
Duane

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
358tlz.jpg