• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

AC/DC verses Tron

Magneto

Nov 15, 2012
Laval,Que
I had the same problem....just get BOTH!!! :lol:

seriously, they are both great games but completely different. personally I play my ACDC more than my Tron

AC DC can be frustrating to play (like tonight) and isnt for everyone,on a good night this game is simply amazing and heart pounding adrenaline rush!!
Tron is more a relax type of a game where you can play sitting down on a stool (forget about that with ACDC) still great fun but i guess not AS exciting

go and give them both a try, taste is personal so it depends on you

good luck deciding!

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
You really need to decide for yourself. Atomicboy and I had this discussion last week. I prefer Tron. He has no love for Tron and absolutely loves AC/DC. Two people, two totally different opinions.

Cheers,
Duane

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Magneto said:
Tron is more a relax type of a game where you can play sitting down on a stool (forget about that with ACDC) still great fun but i guess not AS exciting.

I personally enjoy Tron more then AC/DC and a stool might not be such a bad idea as I find Tron does a great job in making you feel good after hitting a few shots and then kicks you right in the nuts with a very fast drain leaving you with that "one more game" type feel. It took me a while before I got it because I was too quick to judge Tron hence me finally getting one over a year later when it was first offered to me by Brock. When I first looked at the game I was like wow this is Stern's cost cutting at its best and doesn't look like there is much going on. I have come to realize this game is deceptively clever and doesn't need all the bells and whistles to be good. After watching the movie the shots and mode progression make sense and brilliantly tied into the game play IMO.

I would say go out and play both and be the judge of which game you like better, I don't think you can go wrong but I believe Brock sold the last NIB Tron yesterday but I know someone else who still has a 1st run with 3d translite and silk screen cab decals in the box still if you decide you want a Tron over AC/DC.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
I was in the same boat last year.
Went with TRON and no regrets.

I'd say get a TRON while you still can.
If you ever tire of it (unlikely) sell or swap it out for acdc down the road.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I have both. I love Tron. I'm spending a lot of time with ac/dc at the moment because the rules are so complex. Tron has a clear story to work through. Ac/dc you basically play however you like. Totally different experiences.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I opted for Tron.
I might consider an AC/DC premium down the road, but I find that game is purely about scoring strategy and maximizing modes.
Tron has more of a story and is very immersive. I don't get bored of it easily... that's for sure!

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I just didn't want to be listening to AC/DC forever :)

tastef

Feb 16, 2013
Quebec city
Lots of info up there.
Hard hard hard decision.....
I think I'll have to play them before deciding.
Is there anywhere in Quebec city, Montreal or Ottawa that I can play these?
preferably a place where these 2 games are one beside the other.

Again, thanks for all of the information.

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
Magneto said:
check with Starburst Mtl to see what they've got in the showroom....

I was there a couple weeks ago and they didn't have either 1 in the showroom. I also wanted to try AC/DC . Michel said they had a NIB AC/DC forsale, but none set up in the showroom.