• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ac/dc Pro Help

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I got my AC/DC Pro today, there is a wire sticking out and I can't figure out if it's suppose to be there or not? It certainly isn't exactly right because the ball can get stuck on it.

Do I just need to bend it a bit? I can't see that there is anywhere it should attach. According to the level the pitch is correct as is.

The other thing that would make me feel more stupid than asking would be not asking.

Thanks

https://flic.kr/p/height%3D359%3Bid%3D16190976137%3Bwidth%3D640

Last edited:

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
This is a mod for the game. Feeds from the pops were notorious for going straight down the middle when this game first came out. This wire is designed to push the ball against the left side at the exit to promote a better feed to the right flipper, instead of straight down the middle. If the ball is getting hung up, the wire either needs to be bent just ever so slightly so that it doesn't hang up, but still pushes the ball to the left for a clean feed, or maybe you have the game set too shallow. I believe the pitch measured on the playfield should be between 6 and 7 degrees.

After looking at your picture a couple of times it kinda looks like your wire is kind of pointed upwards. Does the ball actually sit on the wire and get hung up? If so it probably needs to be bent. It should be angled downwards like the one in this picture.

Attachments

• ACDC wire mod.jpg
    ACDC wire mod.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: WARLOCK and monty

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
It's hard to tell in the pictures but it might be installed incorrectly if that's possible. Looks like there is some where around your pop bumpers, so I'm assuming this game was on location at some point. It would not be surprising that some hack job operator "tech" installed it incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I don't think that's wear at the pop bumpers. You're seeing the threaded twist screw that goes into the playfield and is used to mount the pop bumper bracket from underneath. The white area to the right of that is just glare off the protective mylar.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I took the picture from the side and it was a bit dark, so yes it's glare/flash.

Thanks for the help. Now that I know what it is and what the purpose is I will be more aggressive in twisting the wire. I didn't want to break anything last night.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Mine came with the wire direct from Stern. NIB Feb 2013.
It works well as currently installed. Never been adjusted.
IMG_20150127_183128.jpg

IMG_20150127_183144.jpg

IMG_20150127_183203.jpg

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I don't think that's wear at the pop bumpers. You're seeing the threaded twist screw that goes into the playfield and is used to mount the pop bumper bracket from underneath. The white area to the right of that is just glare off the protective mylar.

Aah you're right. I was looking at the screw. Didn't look closely enough apparently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magneto

Nov 15, 2012
Laval,Que
take the spring OFF ASAP!!
It WILL eventually scratch the playfield.....

put a bigger yellow post under the lightning bolt (just to the left)