• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS 1950 Knock Out

jimmyb

Nov 19, 2012
Strathroy ON
1950 Gottlieb Knock Out for sale! The holy grail woodrail!!
Game is in very nice working condition. Playfield is in great condition, original backglass.
$3400 OBO

Attachments

• IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    216.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: WARLOCK

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Oh man... always wanted one of these but could never come to terms with the money they command.

Hard to come by for sure.

Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
Reactions: WARLOCK

Jon

Jun 20, 2017
Aurora Ontario Canada
1950 Gottlieb Knock Out for sale! The holy grail woodrail!!
Game is in very nice working condition. Playfield is in great condition, original backglass.
$3400 OBO
Tough game to find but too bad there are problems with this one. Lots of wrong pieces or missing pieces

jimmyb

Nov 19, 2012
Strathroy ON
Hey Jon there are no problems with this pin. Everything is there and working properly. It has the wrong coin door witch is very typical for woodrails. And the lock down bar has been replaced. Don't bash a game when you don't know what your talking about!!

Reactions: atariaction

Jon

Jun 20, 2017
Aurora Ontario Canada
I never said that the game wasn't working I said that there were missing pieces or wrong pieces. All the long metal pieces are not right and have robertson square head screws. You pointed out that the coin door was wrong and so it is but it has a coin slide instead of a Heath chute which means that the wiring has been modified probably. There is also no start button or coin return piece. Lockdown bar has been replaced but I've never seen a molded lockdown bar like that. Sure isn't anything from a Gottlieb game of any era. There are also holes drilled through the playfield on each side of the red post below the the ball stop. There is an extra post near the ball runway switch that shouldn't be there and the ball gate is missing its' red cover. The front of the cabinet is void of all its' graphics and has been repainted. I never pointed any of this out previously but since you think I don't know what I'm talking I thought I would mention the issues I see. Am I wrong?

jimmyb

Nov 19, 2012
Strathroy ON
All the long metal pieces are correct but someone put chrome stickers on them. These can be removed and screws can be switched , no big deal. Yes as I said coin door is not original so the chute and start button are not there as they would be on the coin door. Someone made a lock down bar for the game. New repro's are available from Steve Young. The other minor issues are not uncommon on a game that is 67 years old!! This is a great game that I am proud of and lucky to own so I take it a little personable. If the pin was perfect it would be worth way more.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
Hey Jon there are no problems with this pin. Everything is there and working properly. It has the wrong coin door witch is very typical for woodrails. And the lock down bar has been replaced. Don't bash a game when you don't know what your talking about!!

i sort have been watching this with some interest. I had a conversation with jon sometime ago when I either picked up or was negotiating for a pin from him. jon and I met when I sold him a sample majorettes a few years ago and I have been to his place a few times just in awe of his restorative work. I think he is mentioned in another thread aiding and providing a lot of support for a member doing webbing and stenciling for a few wedgeheads. I ended up buying his second Minstral Man from him and when I have frineds over... you would think I would be showing off the gameplay but no... I say... you got to see this and I open up the back box to reveal a 66? year old machine that looks like it was delivered from the factory yesterday. He takes everything apart and polishes it piece by piece and... the detail is beyond belief.

you too being a minstral man owner can appreciate that when jon does a restoration he spares no cost. his playfield for his copy of minstral man is shown here that he sent away to have done.

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa011217minstelman.html

you wont ever find a nicer copy.
I have since purchased another game from him .. another majorettes(my favourite wedgehead I think) and again.... some very skilled em guys seeing the machine are beyond belief how .. it has been brought so to new. I hesitated even unwrapping it from its shrinkwrap when bringing it home.

Anyways, when talking with jon a while back , he said he wanted to do a knockout and I pointed him here. jon I think is one of the few buyers or potential buyers at least in Canada for a game such as this. While I or most of us might be content with title alone or ... some cosmetic enhancements, jon was viewing this to bring back to as new condition and from the limited images made his assertions. speaking with a friend of mine , about this thread , we certainly appreciated jons knowledge and what he was looking for.

I also knew of another ... knockout and I got jon in contact with the owner . I received an email from jon this morning saying he had bought the other one. it isn't for me to say how much but I was a bit shocked at the price knowing what jon is prepared to do and spend spend to bring this game to new condition. I know ill very much look forward to seeing it (but too afraid to touch it ) when its done.

Anyways best of luck on your sale ... it is a desired game as others have said

Reactions: atariaction