• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 1 Million BC Midway 1968 EM Rifle Arcade Restored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timinator

Dec 24, 2012
Pembroke, ON
So, after a two year restoration inside and out, I'm selling my 1968 1 Million B.C. by Midway because I need room after finding Operation Wolf (finally!). I bought this from a member as a fixer, turned out to be a bigger fixer upper that it appeared (as it is with most things I buy). It is a dinosaur themed electro-mechanical rifle game with black lighting.

Work completed during restoration, with a lot of patience and reading:

The entire exterior of the machine has been repainted with copies of the original stencils and outlined in black, this is all paint and not vinyl. The front stencil on the peg board was completed like the original as well (it was painted over and found the original under layers of paint when sanding it).

New reproduction backglass (I also have the flaking original one and I purchased the rights to the images for the reproduction one so you can reproduce other backglasses if you want - they have different variants for the image). The reproduction has two decals, but does ghost a bit. I have the reproduction image with numbers on the front if you want to replace it again.

Score reels were disassembled and cleaned to work perfectly. Each reel was completely taken apart, cleaned, lubricated, contacts were cleaned as well, and reassembled. The score reels were not working and the dance mechanism was periodic, cleaned reels which fixed all the issues. It now counts perfectly and resets.

All interior contacts have been cleaned as well, from the step up assembly to each solenoid contacts. Two solenoids were replaced - one for the horizontal dinosaurs mechanism and another on the vertical pterodactyl mechanism. Pterodactyl's pulley was replaced so it now goes up and down again.

Gun has been calibrated and shoots accurately with recoil for each shot. Contact boards were cleaned, contacts were cleaned as well. Solenoid on gun for recoil works perfectly. Gun barrel was sanded and repainted. The stock was refinished. The butt plate is not original however.

Speaker was cleaned and static hum fixed. The sound works perfectly as well.

All bulbs were replaced - backglass lights, black light, and red flash bulbs. All work properly now - originally would not count numbers with 10 needed, but found it was a stepper issue and fixed.

It also has the original keys for the coin door and back doors of the cabinet. The interior illustrations are near mint condition and original, I dusted them and that's all! Dinosaurs are in excellent shape, colours are bright and cardboard is solid. All areas of the scenes are complete. The coin door and gun mount were not repainted because they are still in great condition and have the original hammered steel paint. All of the original labels are still intact and in great shape as well. Unfortunately I don't have any schematics for the machine, and trust me I have contacted everyone I could to find them! The only issue that I have noticed is that when the machine is moved around a lot the grey plastic covered wires on the bottom section lack a connection, and just needed to be turned slightly to make the connection for the horizontal bird movement. Nothing major, but I thought I should mention it.

I have numerous pictures of the game (most of them below) and a video of its gameplay for those seriously interested, just send me a PM with your email and I'll send the vid or images. I'm looking for $1000 or best reasonable offer. It measures: 68 ½ ” high x 26” wide x 35 ½ ” deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.