• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB WCS, NGG, FT, T2, TRON, LOTR and more

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm losing hope in finding these pins. So I'm updating my list

World Cup Soccer
No Good Gofers
Fish Tales - [Found]
Terminator 2
Tron
Lord of the rings
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Theatre of Magic
No Fear

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Re: WTB Fish tales or Wolrd Cup Soccer

World cup soccer is a nice game. I played it for the first time at the Ottawa pinball show and loved it. If I wasn't invested into a STLE I would have tried to buy it.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

flashinstinct said:
Do you remember who had it for sale?

It was Warlock's game and I enabled someone who bought it already :)

JeffM

Nov 27, 2012
London

I remember seeing a fish tales on kijiji in chatham i think

Found the link and it gone :/

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

flashinstinct said:
I always seem to be missing these two titles by a week.

I didn't know these were on your radar or wish list so I promise you if I come across one expect a PM from me.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON

Of the two of these, both of which I have owned and loved, World Cup is an amazing package, but the game play got predictable for us since it's fairly linear and easier to achieve. Fish Tales, which I never thought would be a keeper has become a favourite because it's not an easy game to master, and because its modes can be achieved in a non-linear fashion. I can't help tapping my foot to the music now. :FP:

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

I never really enjoyed Fish Tales (not a huge Mark Ritchie fan) until I played it with lightning flippers at Adriano's. It plays much better with those.. VERY fast.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

REVOLUTION said:
I never really enjoyed Fish Tales (not a huge Mark Ritchie fan) until I played it with lightning flippers at Adriano's. It plays much better with those.. VERY fast.

Does FT not have EOS switches too Brock? :lol:

Fish Tales are suppose to have lightning flippers from the factory and yes I enjoyed playing Adriano's too! It cleaned up real nice "as is" from his latest container buy and in queue for restore after he does Cactus Canyon and/or TOTAN.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

mwong168 said:
Does FT not have EOS switches too Brock? :lol:

It does, yes.. though from what I can recall you can actually play the game without them :p

Fish Tales are suppose to have lightning flippers from the factory.

I know, but many lightning-flipper games got switched out for regular flippers. Lightning flipper replacements were hard to come by until recently. I had never actually played one with the proper flippers until I tried Adriano's.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON

flashinstinct said:
And that's one of the reasons I want one of those pins.... I want a challenge and speed.

World Cup features lots of "breaks" in the action to further the game's narrative. Of the two Fish Tales is far by far a faster game (particularly with the boat and turn about making a very risking short field) with the occasional ball whizzing by you to the drains leaving you saying "Whot! No! Where! Whoh."

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa

flashinstinct said:
Yeah I saw, just don't trust the product he's selling.

Very wise decision...in the words of Menace.."one minute the boat ramp will be there, the next minute it's gone"! :FP:

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa

cdnpinballer said:
I heard David Copperfield works at Allouette.

LOL...Copperfield actually made me disappear in Vegas one time when he pulled me from the crowd to go on stage...true story....now how many people can say that???

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

Williams Fan said:
cdnpinballer said:
I heard David Copperfield works at Allouette.

LOL...Copperfield actually made me disappear in Vegas one time when he pulled me from the crowd to go on stage...true story....now how many people can say that???

Too bad he can't make pins disappear from your storage to my basement.