• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What company can ship a pinball from U.S. to Canada

redpotion

Aug 4, 2022
Mississauga
Hi all, does any know of a shipping company that can ship a pinball machine (with legs attached - not on a pallet) from the United States (Grand Island, NY) to Canada (Mississauga, ON)?

I tried North American Van Lines, which I guess is connected to Allied Van Lines in Canada and they said they don't move single items just household moves.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
If you find a company willing to ship it on legs you should avoid said company. It's as crazy as shipping a car on it's roof rack. you will damage it.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
If you find a company willing to ship it on legs you should avoid said company. It's as crazy as shipping a car on it's roof rack. you will damage it.
I have shipped games w legs on, never an issue. They actually strap it to the side and raise it off the ground.

redpotion

Aug 4, 2022
Mississauga
Thanks @dr.nybble ! Didn't know about that website. Was hoping to avoid driving down there and this is my first machine, so I've super worried I'm going to damage it by putting it on a pallet myself. Seller was supposed to put it on a pallet, but didn't so the original company I had refused to accept it. LOL it's not rare or unusual. It's a ST:TNG machine. I couldn't find any in Canada.

@MrMikeman yeah thought it was odd. When I first asked the seller to make sure it was on a pallet he was surprised. Apparently he always just ships with legs.

@pinballjah thanks for the offer! Will most likely take you up on that. At work now, but will shoot you a message later this afternoon.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
LOL it's not rare or unusual. It's a ST:TNG machine. I couldn't find any in Canada.
STTNG is a machine I wouldn't buy sight unseen, unless it's well below market value. It's a very complex game that often needs work. It's also very very heavy compared to other games and likely to get damaged if on legs. Might just be the legs that get damaged but they aren't super cheap to replace.

If the seller was prepared to ship it on the legs then that's a red flag. It means the seller doesn't know much about pinball. It also means many things could be not working on this game and the seller doesn't even realize it (or is intentionally concealing it). I've had both situations happen to me.

I would have stayed local for your first purchase. STTNG does come up for sale 1-2 times a year. Be patient.

dr.nybble

Nov 28, 2014
Ottawa
Yeah I see STTNG come up often enough that putting out a WTB ad for something local is worth a shot. For the amount you are going to have to pay in shipping + tax I'm sure you could shake one out here.

redpotion

Aug 4, 2022
Mississauga
@MrMikeman @dr.nybble thanks for the quick responses. When I started looking for machines I wasn't aware of all the communities in Canada and I definitely pulled the trigger too early for this purchase. Since then I found this one and a local one, so I'll definitely keep that in mind for future purchases. I have a feeling this won't be my last one.