• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Want to get my first machine!

Geteos

Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
I've always had a soft spot for pinball since I was a kid growing up in the late 80's/90's.

My work recently rented a pin for our Xmas party (Ghostbusters) and it had me hooked all week. I'm completing work on my garage (climate controlled) soon so I'm thinking about picking up my first pin. Hoping to do some reading on here to help me decide what's a good machine to start with.

Thanks!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome to the forums and I can almost assure you this first probably won't be your last pin so hope your garage is big. What's your budget and did you have a specific era of pins that interest you like EMs, Solid State or modern DMDs?

Geteos

Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Haha, yea my garage is 18x24 but I need to keep some space for my motorcycle and car projects. I would just put them in our spare bedroom but I don’t think I could get it up my narrow stairscase, I’m in a 50’s 2 storey.

My budget is around $5k cdn. I might be able to stretch it a bit more. I was looking at Tron Legacy and the Gottlieb Mario machine (I remember playing it at woodbine fantasy fair) but I’m open to suggestions. I guess those fall under DMD and solid state, respectively?

Geteos

Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
It seems that pins hold their values pretty well, so I’d be willing to stretch up to 7k to get Tron.

But what are some good games under 5k?

Geteos

Feb 4, 2019
Toronto
Ideally I’d like to get something with a familiar theme, something either car related or a movie/tv franchise.

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
Poat a wantes ad in the wanted pins section oitlining what youre looking for and budget. There are always way more pins for sale out there than whats posted. I had a lot of offers on my last post.

Gl with your search....ask lots of questions and read all the things!

Reactions: Geteos