• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Upcoming Game Rumors

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
I came across this update will surfing the net. Some cool things have been added to the rumors including

1) Updated Metallica (hope that means the new spike II design, re-release)

2) ghostbusters Vault (I wonder if vault means Spike I design, but would be awesome in the new spike II design)

3) Tron Vault

it kind of makes sense that 2023 will see some old games re-appear to fill the gaps as Stern has confirmed only 2 cornerstone games for 2023 (Foo Fighters and Rumoured Venom).

I would love to have these titles in the updated Spike II cabinets To match my other pins.

Attachments

• C3349E7E-B170-4140-B6A6-ECFD879CC4AA.jpeg
    C3349E7E-B170-4140-B6A6-ECFD879CC4AA.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 32

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Anyone heard anything about the Metallica Spike II upgrade or Ghostbuster re-releases from Stern?

Also hearing a new Indiana Jones may be on its way from Stern!!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I can't see a spike 2 upgrade to metallica or GB. If there was a vault release, I'd bet on it being basically the same hardware as before. I believe the IM and SM vaults were still SAM games when we were well into Spike1 era. I'd also assume that as long as the current stuff is selling, you'll see more runs of Godzilla, Foo Fighters, Elvira, JP, Rush etc. Did they already say last call for IM and DP?

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Ya but only two cornerstones for 2023 leaves lots of room for open production. Hoping we see one or both as it would be a buy especially in the new Spike II cabinets to match the other line ups in the collection.

Last edited:

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I have been told by a distributor that Stern is doing another run of Ghostbusters, Metallica and another oldie, but I can't remember which one it was.

LOCK-IS-LIT

Jan 5, 2022
SWO
Yes I have been speaking with a few of the USA distributors and they seem to say that GB and Met are coming back. What’s not yet known is what cabinet art and if it will be a spike II. Spike I is close to spike II in design so they expect a full update, but we will have to wait and see. For Met I think the pro and Prem cabinets looked better than the LE and for GB I like them all but I am hoping for the full slimer look of the LE. Not sure about which the third title may be but have not asked about a third one either. Maybe Star Trek or GOT as both were Spike I games as well And can be easily updated to fit the spike II system and larger LCD. We should know soon as they only have 2 new game releases planned for 2023 so lots of room to add to the production line up Resuscitate the 3 or 4 typical cornerstone releases.