• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Twilight Zone, Kickout is weak sometimes

Smokezz

Apr 29, 2019
Kingsville, ON
Picked up a TZ a few months ago and one nagging issue. The kickout, especially if the diverter is up is sometimes weak and it can take many attempts for it to kick out a ball. Under the playfield, the mechanism that does the kickout is pretty loose. It moves back and forth a good 3/4 cm. I don't see a way to tighten that up, and don't know if it's supposed to be loose at all - but my gut tells me it's not supposed to be. Since if it's hitting the ball on the side instead of the middle of the ball... it's going to have a hard time getting the ball into the first lane.

Generally when it's getting ejected to the shooter lane, there isn't a problem. More power used to knock it over that far I'm guessing?

Anyone with a TZ ever have this issue, and know how the ejector mech underneath should be? I can take a quick video of it tomorrow and demonatrate if my lame description isn't that clear :)