• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Twilight Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Price: CD$13,000

My interests are moving away from pinball and it is a shame for it to just be sitting there not being played. I do not want to ship as I really prefer people come check it out in person. I try to be as up front and honest as I can but this is an almost 30 year old machine and I like everyone to have an in-person judgement where possible.

[Updated trade List]: GZ Premium, JP Premium, Iron Maiden Premium, AIQ Premium, Rush Premium, Star Trek Premium, Star Trek Pro, Oktoberfest, Dialed-In, nice StarGate.

Background:
This game has been in my possession since September 6, 2007. Wow – 15 years. perhaps it is time to move on. Only thing that has been in my life longer than that are; my wife, my son and my job. Other than the usual maintenance things (burnt bulbs, switch adjustments) the game has been pretty much problem free other than:
1. The clock from time to time had issues over the years. The gears are in perfect shape! Years ago I replaced the clock opto board which fixed the clock and the motor controller board (A-16120) was replaced this year.
2. The game developed intermittent weak flippers recently so I replaced the Fliptronics board and the Flipper Opto board with HomePin repro boards. Works awesome now!

Pros:
1. Playfield is perfect (no wear).
2. Game plays 100%.
3. Flippers are very strong.
4. Boards do not have any hacks.
5. Inside cabinet is very clean.
6. Plunger lane is perfect. This game was not played much.
7. Click here for Photo album

Cons:
1. A few dings/scrapes on the cabinet here and there from moving over the years.
2. The Upper-Right Flipper Plastic (31-1765-12) has a hole melted in it (by me a few years ago – sigh). I locked on some of the flashers by inadvertently misaligning a ribbon cable when replacing them.
a. (Doh) Caught my mistake during my first test game as I could smell plastic.
3. One side (LHS) has a faded main cabinet decal. The others are not faded.
4. Translite very clean but has one tiny mark on the lower LHS near the gumball (not really noticeable from front).
5. Currently showing a clock-broken error (9pm opto not working in test). This was working recently as I tested it after replacing the clock motor controller board which was having issues.
a. I hate the clock so I always have it disabled so I couldn’t be bothered with fixing it it as I never turn the clock on (hate it).

Mods and other noteworthy things:
1. Element 13 Pyramid Power Mod
2. Clock Housing (Blue)
3. Repro (Ingo I think) Clock Board (purchased 10+ years ago)
4. New Motor Drive Replacement Board (A-16120)
5. TZ Piano Mod (gives the clock a more finished look)
6. Great Lakes Modular (GLM) mini-playfield switch kit
7. Pinbits Gumball Lighting kit
8. Gumballs in gumball machine
9. Original Robby the Robot mod with LED lights
10. Powerball was replaced with a NOS one about 10 years ago
11. Cointaker back-box door lighting kit
12. I rebuilt the flippers (new rebuild kits) but it doesn’t have many games since then.
a. The flippers appeared weak, despite the flipper assemblies looking really good I replaced them anyway.
b. Turns out it was the aging electronics. See next items.
13. New repro (Homepin) Fliptronics Board
14. New repro (Homepin) Flipper Opto Boards (Left & Right)
15. All New rubbers (replaced quite a few years ago but with less than 2k plays)
16. Rocket Kicker (bounce-out fix) post installed.
17. Battery holder installed off the MPU Board in the back-box
18. All new Ribbon Cables
19. All LED’s (CoinTaker) – playfield, GI and Backbox
20. Cliffy’s installed on scoop and shooter lane. Pre-cautionary as there is no wear anywhere.
21. New leg adjusters.
22. I am sure there are other things that I have forgotten over the years.

-end-

Last edited:

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
I would sell mine for $22,500
I would'nt because in 5 or 10 years from now you'll probably have to pay for another more than what you sold it for...... That's what happened when I got out of the hobby for 5 years, sold my TZ 6000 and bought another 5 years later for twice that amount.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Bump and I have Updated my potential trade List.
If you have a GZ Premium, JP Premium, Iron Maiden Premium, AIQ Premium, Rush Premium, Star Trek Premium, Oktoberfest or a really, really nice StarGate then let’s talk and maybe we can work something out. Thanks for looking.

Reactions: Crash88
Status
Not open for further replies.