• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND Theater of Magic.... YEAH!!!! FINALLY

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Im sure MANY people want it... and so do I lol!

Name your price!

Thanks a bunch!

It took 2 years to find... just like Warlock said, Its amazing, CC, new plastics and a amazing cab restore.

I wanted it the second I seen it for the first time, problem is he dident want to sell it back then. Im so glad I got it now.

The game as many know, is not the deepest, But then again its not the reason I wanted one. I have yet to play a pin with as good a FLOW...

I wanted to buy MikeW's TOM... but hes too honest and has integrity and wouldent sell it (not to mention his is beautiful) LOL!!!

He knew were this pin was, and ironicaly I was dealing with this guy when he told me to go check it out

Well thanks again Mike, and everyone!

Some things ARE worth waiting for!

Last edited:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
1 million dollars...
Too soon?

Wong helped me find one, finally.
It took 2-3 years to find the right example.

Patience, long-time.
All the best in hunting.

Great game.
Love it.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
1 million dollars...
Too soon?

Wong helped me find one, finally.
It took 2-3 years to find the right example.

Patience, long-time.
All the best in hunting.

Great game.
Love it.
Well that's a little out of my budget... :eek: like 990000 out of my budget! LOL
I can wait, (no choice really)
Is there anything I should be looking out for in buying one Warlock?
are there any known issues or problematic parts I should know about?

Im glad you got one brother!

I find it to be a great game but have only played digitally on TPA but can still see the gameplay/replay ability potential.
I like how you dont get too many ball drains on the sides (unlike like my other favorite table Space Shuttle)
Id get Space shuttle but the sides are just ball vacuums... and the game has little to no depth.. like nothing to work towards.

I get it, in a sense thats the idea of Space Shuttle not too many rules and easy to pick up and play for a noob. But if i was to get one table only
it would not have the holding power to keep me playing. But Ironically back in the day i used to pump money into it like crazy.

I just hope if something comes up... i know what to look for... and in the mean time HOPEFULLY learn about my options in maintaining it... availability of parts and stuff that will likely go bad first.

Thanks for the heads up at any rate :itd 3d ani w120 smiles 004:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
There looked like there was a nice one for $6500 on Ottawa last week on kijiji. Some of the main things you want to look for when buying a TOM are:

- Trunk works
- Spirit magnets work on both outlanes
- Playfield wear under the raising trap door flap
- Bookcase insert wear or outlining as seen below

790008c6-1.jpg

The other common things to check for are ramps for any cracks, broken or chipped plastics and insert wear. You might always want to look under the playfield and in the head for previous hacks.

I see you are located in Toronto so if you want to pop by and play the real deal you are more then welcome to as well as other games you have probably played on Pinball Arcade like:

The Addams Family
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Red & Ted's Roadshow
Medieval Madness
White Water

I have some other ones which I think you might enjoy are:

The Shadow
Congo
Indianapolis
Judge Dredd
Johnny Mnemonic

You might end up leaving not wanting a Theatre of Magic :) I know Williampinball up in Collingwood has one but last I heard he was fishing for $7-8k. I helped him find that TOM which has a clear coated playfield by poolman and was reassembled by Menace (aka Doug).

I can also explain things to look for in person so you get a better understanding by showing you on my actual game. I will warn you the last 3 people who were new to the hobby that stopped by ended up buy a pin within a week and a 2nd, 3rd within the next month. I'm waiting for one of them to crack and sell their pool table and/or shuffle board :D

Last edited:

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
There looked like there was a nice one for $6500 on Ottawa last week on kijiji. Some of the main things you want to look for when buying a TOM are:

- Trunk works
- Spirit magnets work on both outlanes
- Playfield wear under the raising trap door flap
- Bookcase insert wear or outlining as seen below

790008c6-1.jpg

The other common things to check for are ramps for any cracks, broken or chipped plastics and insert wear. You might always want to look under the playfield and in the head for previous hacks.

I see you are located in Toronto so if you want to pop by and play the real deal you are more then welcome to as well as other games you have probably played on Pinball Arcade like:

The Addams Family
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Red & Ted's Roadshow
Medieval Madness
White Water

I have some other ones which I think you might enjoy are:

The Shadow
Congo
Indianapolis
Judge Dredd
Johnny Mnemonic

You might end up leaving not wanting a Theatre of Magic :) I know Williampinball up in Collingwood has one but last I heard he was fishing for $7-8k. I helped him find that TOM which has a clear coated playfield by poolman and was reassembled by Menace (aka Doug).

I can also explain things to look for in person so you get a better understanding by showing you on my actual game. I will warn you the last 3 people who were new to the hobby that stopped by ended up buy a pin within a week and a 2nd, 3rd within the next month. I'm waiting for one of them to crack and sell their pool table and/or shuffle board :D

OMG Talk about helpful! What an amazing offer... im speechless!
There's so much to take in!
I can ask a million questions, but im not going too. I have always loved pinball, I played so much of it when I was in my teens/twenty's. There is nothing like it. I dont need to tell you or anyone else here how I feel, you all get it (and beat me too it) as in owning them hehehe.

There is allot I can and will give back to this community when I get up and running. Im a very good 3D modeler I have made models for company's as well as video game's from guns to environments. I have spent a few years collecting parts to build my 4/5 axis CNC machine.
So I will be able to remake almost ANY part or custom make parts for people.

Im going to take care of you, and I dont want any money I just want to give back to pinball and the kind people that appreciate it, and help others as you are trying to help me... mark my words mwong168. .... and... that I love to make things, im kind of a slave to it.

It could be recreating something on the play-field or... maybe improving something, the sky is the limit!

Id love to take you up on your offer! Id be an idiot if I dident LOL. I can only do something on a weekend I normally do over 50+ hrs a week... and my boss don't normally give me to many two day weekends off. Some times I do 7 days a week, so its hard.

If you want to PM me your phone number I'll send you mine as well, then we can arrange something.
My name is Mike Theodoridis...(just in case you see it on your caller ID)

God bless, and THANK YOU for your post, and pictures... your an awesome guy I truly acknowledge your effort and your desire to help!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Sure anytime works for me including weeknights as I often have friends dropping by after 10-11pm to hang out and play pins. If that works let me know otherwise the weekend is better we can work something out. I sent you a PM.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

Just wanted to correct this statement, the PF was NOT cleared by Poolman. The CC work on that PF was done by Treasure Cove. I purchased it from Chris Hutchins @ HEP as he pulled it from a client's machine he was installing a NOS PF for him.

The PF swap was done by me, and the cabinet decals on that game were done by Poolman.

Doug

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
I know where a very beautiful clearcoated TOM is I believe he is asking high 6k's, I played it, very nice. Send your email and I'll pass it along if you want.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
I know where a very beautiful clearcoated TOM is I believe he is asking high 6k's, I played it, very nice. Send your email and I'll pass it along if you want.

Bro... it was like forever ago since you posted this and i missed it... OMG... tell me he still has it?

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
There's a great one in London if you are willing to spend the money

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/l...ne/1180870678?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Hey man thanks but...

I went to go see that one!... after he bailed on our original meeting time... he sends me off a message making it sound like I said it was not going to work out for that time... and giving me attitude... telling me NOW he wants a deposit and if i dont come pick it up in two weeks, hes keeping my money and so on...

I told him in the nicest way I could... i did not appreciate that, and to remind him it was HIM that told me that day was gonna work out.. at the LAST MINUTE!

We arranged another meet for yesterday 12 noon, then he tells me 12 wont work and to come at 2pm... totally screwing me up (cause I asked a friend to come help) and it now was going to cut into his plans to pick up his wife from the airport... total BS, day wasted!

He also told me it was "the nicest TOM im ever gonna see".... but failed to tell me there was a large chunk of PF color ripped off were the mylar was up top were the pop bumpers are!

He told me just minuets before HE PERSONALLY stripped and cleaned the PF. But THEN acted shocked like he never noticed it before....and went on to say "this was not a HUO, your going to be hard pressed to find a better PF" and that "its old, there never going to be perfect"

That was just the final straw! It was not wear and tear, it was damage caused by mylar being removed improperly, and im guessing by him

He posted 3 "desirable" machines.... its been like almost 3 weeks now.... and they are ALL still there.

Hes part of a league.... and they still did not sell... to me that clearly means hes asking too much.

I had to make sure I showed him my stack of bills, cause I was prepared to pay what he wanted.

But after all the crap... and him not being honest with me. I told him, Ill pass.

One pic could have saved me well over 5 hours of driving.

Never again.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
First off, every seller is going to tell you that their pin is 'the nicest one you'll ever see!"

Secondly, trust your gut when dealing with people. If the seller seems like they are jerking you around, it might be better to walk away. There are lots of very genuine sellers out there, who treat people well and fairly. Don't waste your time if your Spidey-Sense tells you otherwise!

Always remember, that they made lots of these pins... according to IPDB.org, they made 6,600 TOM's. They are out there, and another one will come up.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I had to make sure I showed him my stack of bills, cause I was prepared to pay what he wanted.

I guess someone willing to arrange a day/time and drive from Toronto to London wasn't enough or maybe the seller didn't believe someone in their right mind would actually be willing to pay $9500 for a pretty stock looking TOM :eek:

Sorry about your crappy experience and my invite from over a year ago still stands if you want to come play and see ones of the nicest TOM you will ever lay your eyes on :p

Reactions: dnewman

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
All you guys are awesome, Thanks for the support, Seriously!

Its just frustrating that's all. Its been a year so far (feels much longer) and nothing came up. Then all of a sudden 2 at the same time! I was the first to respond (at least in the forum). But sadly missed out on that one. Then the drive to London/Ont was a bust.

How do you guys do it, without ripping your hair out LOL!!!
Its hard enough saving the dough, and Im willing to wait, but screw-a-rounds on top of it suck big time.

Something was just telling me DONT do it, as much as I want a TOM.

I get it how a pin especially a non HUO will have its fair share of bumps and dings and scratches on the body/head. Some more then others im sure and im prepared for that, but seeing a PF with that type of damage I could not commit too.

I dont have the skill or the resources to repair that kind of damage. And at that price, I dont think I should to be honest. So the wait goes on, no choice LOL :confused:

@ mwong168 I would love to come check you out! You are a true super-hero of this hobby/addiction. It was a year ago you invited me over, please make no mistake it was more a matter of me growing the comfort level and finding a good time to do it brother!

When I finally get my TOM, your all invited over for steaks and P-ball. (and if you left orbit more then 4 times in a row, you get the small steak) ;):p

Reactions: DRANO

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I hate sellers that make you feel like they're doing you a favour taking your money... especially on an inflated 'cash-grab' listing to boot. :confused:

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
I hate sellers that make you feel like they're doing you a favour taking your money... especially on an inflated 'cash-grab' listing to boot. :confused:

Man, its like you were a fly on the wall that day LOL. He was going on about the mods and stuff. I really felt like telling him I dont give a rats ass on what YOU think looks good and what it cost. I would not have done some of those things to mine if I had one, stop force feeding me LOL!

The next pin I go see, im gonna have to ask one of you heavy hitters to come with me LOL!

I will pay for your food and drinks, and smoke you lots and lots of sativa J*int$ :cigar::happy:

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Man, its like you were a fly on the wall that day LOL. He was going on about the mods and stuff. I really felt like telling him I dont give a rats ass on what YOU think looks good and what it cost. I would not have done some of those things to mine if I had one, stop force feeding me LOL!

We have all been there and dealt with situations like that. Its not a great time for new buyers in this hobby. Prices I thought were crazy 5 years ago are insane now.

If you ever make it near Markham/Stouffville, let me know. I have a nice TOM that you can give a whirl.