• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Surf Champ

medvet

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Hi guys. Need help please. I've been approached by somebody with a Surf Champ. Been in the home for years not played. Trying to find out if it's a game that's fun to play by EM standards. I have a Fireball and 4 Million BC and enjoy them, but not a big EM person. Also, any idea of value? Consider it average playfield etc and non working relatively. I have not gone to see due to elderly owner and Covid but want to be prepared before figuring this out. Ultimately, it's being sold so if I don't buy it, I can arrange a fellow collector to get it. I will probably bring to my house for ease but all sale price will go to the owner. I'm not reselling it, just helping out an elderly neighbour. TIA

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
yes fun to play , value fully operating and cleaned with new rubber 1500 -1800 or so , as is 900 to 1200 depending on condition

Last edited:

DonnyBrasco

May 4, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario
My first pin was a surf champ..Regretted selling it and bought a 2 player surfer 2yrs later...Fun to shoot and approachable and easy to understand with a nice color scheme by my taste..

Last edited:

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Wizard! Was my first EM.
A little more, but well worth it.
Easier to swap out later if you like to rotate the lineup.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
It’s a fun pin ME. I had one sold it to Monty and regretted it. I missed it so much that I picked up another one six months ago. Fun game. Luch is pretty much bang on with pricing.

Reactions: luch

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Agree with Honey Badger ME. Great pin. Also agree with Jason RE: Luch is on the money for value.

We used to call Surf Champ the "poor man's" Centigrade 37. It was about 1/2 the price and just as much fun. I wouldn't describe it that way anymore. Centigrade 37 is about 14th or 15th on the EM Top 100 on Pinside, but as far as "fun" goes, Surf Champ is right up beside Centigrade 37 and I would personally rank it a lot higher than 70 on the Top 100. I don't own one, but I certainly would add it in addition to having C-37.

ME, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it even though it is an EM. If you don't like it after you buy it and fix it up, it is an easy sell to someone who hosts league nights in any of the larger leagues. We all come across this pin regularly and need to know how to play it. We enjoy it too!

medvet

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Update. The game is being delivered this weekend to me by a son and I will go over it and take good pics etc. I will clean it up and check it over for her. If we end up passing on it, I will offer it for sale for the owner for pick up only from my place. As I said previously, this is to help out an elderly neighbour who has to downsize. Thanks for all the advice guys. Very appreciated.