• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stern Single Drop target issue-GB

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I noticed on my GB this morning that the right drop target wasn't staying up. Sure enough, in test it would go up and then right back down. If I move it manually it stays up, but it looks like the lip on the target isn't catching properly when it's fired up by the solenoid. I haven't taken the whole mech off to mess with it though, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a similar problem, and if so, whether there's an adjustment I'm not seeing. If I put a little forward pressure on the plastic part as it moves, the catch engages correctly, but when I checked nothing seemed loose.

Any other suggestions on dealing with this?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Thanks-sounds like that's a similar problem. I'll give that a shot. The other thing I found was a reference to a service bulletin that had you shim out the plastic ledge with some washers, but increasing the compression on that spring seems like the better solution right now, especially given that it seems to work that way manually.