• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Star Wars LE

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Wow 18.5k asking price for a SWLE??? I’d expect the topper included at that price….

SW is the only Spike 2 LE that had nothing special other than the side armor. No shaker. No HD Glass. No real backglass. No upgraded speakers. No side blades, etc.

I especially like the reference to “I know the price of LEs from Player 1”. As if that matters when comparing to a game that came out 6 years ago at a totally different price range.

That must mean my JPLE is worth 23k lol.

ExportZ

Oct 10, 2021
Quebec
I know.....the price of an LE is now close to a NIB James Bound LE.

With the price of a prem NIB (14500), I'm not surprised to see old LEs selling for 17k.

JPLE is worth a minimum value of 18k-20K CAN..

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
I remember during the pandemic there was a SWLE for sale in Ottawa that sat for weeks at 9k and not selling.

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
So let me chime in here boys, seeing as this is my game. First off, Chris and I have already discussed this. He would have taken it off my hands but some things didn't pan out for him otherwise it would already be gone.

The asking price of $18,500 was set specifically to weed out the people that were going to try to offer me $15k for the game and think that was a fair deal. There was zero expectation on my part that I would get what I listed it at but the filtering has been effective. Something else to note here is that guys that are generally looking for LEs are a different type of collector than most people in the hobby regardless of what is or isn't included in the package when it is released. They simply want LEs and are willing to pay for exclusivity whether we agree with their logic or not. I have friends that only look to purchase LEs whenever possible. That may or may not be any of the people currently in this discussion, other than perhaps Chris.

Yes Mike, I do know that the price of a new LE from P1 is a little over $20k out the door. I also know that a new Star Wars premium is $14,500 even though the game was originally released 6 years ago. I don't see Stern currently selling the games that they are rerunning at the price they were listed at when they were originally released so yes, the current price points do matter in the grand scheme of things.

I have pins that I bought for $1500 that people are now willing to pay $4k-$5k for. I could sell my MET or IMDN for $3k more than I paid for them. Doesn't matter what they were worth a week ago, a month ago, 5 years ago. This market is constantly changing. And there certainly are people that are willing to pay $23k for a JP LE as crazy as that sounds. I saw someone miss out on getting a GZ LE when the game first came out and he turned around less than a month later and paid a $5k premium to get a used one. If you were smart Mike, you would cash in on your JP LE.

Given that you guys want to price police this game on my behalf, what do you think is a fair number for it? I know what my target price is as do Chris and a couple of other people that have shown some interest in it. And each of them has stated that they were specifically looking for an LE and what I was truly asking for it, not the $18,500 listing price, was not unreasonable.

What I should have done was list it here first so you guys couldn't bitch and moan about the price because that is against forum rules if I'm not mistaken...

Cheers,

Dino Z.

Reactions: mwong168 and Paul

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
No price policing. Just commenting on a Kijiji ad. Turns out you are a member here.

Games that are priced fairly sell quickly. That's all I'll say. I sold my last game a week ago in about 5-10 mins. It's not always about making a buck. Some of us enjoy the hobby of playing pinball machines.

GLWTS :)

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Congrats on your sale. Great price for an ST pro. And yes, you're right. If I wanted to sell it in 5 minutes, I would price it accordingly, well below what I feel is a fair price given what a new premium sells for. When I get desperate, which I'm absolutely not, I will start giving consideration to other offers. Until then, I will wait.

And call it what you will, price policing, price shaming, doesn't matter that it was listed on Kijiji or here. But I definitely appreciate the well wishes on my attempted sale.

:)

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
All good!

BTW not everybody that sells at a fair price is desperate. It's a pretty small community. Be nice to the community and it'll come back to you.

And I do hope you sell your game at whatever price you want. Doesn't impact me in any way! I have a SW Prem and am happy with it. Very fun game. :D

Reactions: Dino Z.