• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Spirit of 76 two in one restoration

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
I've got 2 spirit of 76s in mediocre condition. Machine #08891 is working, has LED GI, a poor main cabinet, not bad backglass, good playfield plastic & head cabinet. Machine #12013 is not working, has good main cabinet, perfect backglass, poor playfield plastic & head cabinet. I already bought a new playfield plastic set, posts, light shields & drop targets. I am going to take the best components of each game to create one near perfect game & one ok game that is structurally unsound. Let it begin...

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: GUARD

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
Not going to have a game that could fall off its feet. Have done this more times than I can count.

Attachments

• Structrual Reinforcement.JPG
    Structrual Reinforcement.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 20

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
Did the backglass swap out. Good glass looks awesome, backlit areas are perfect however the upper central area with the rubber foam have the usual show through problem. Old backglass is not too bad, the usual red fade and minor flaking in some reds & blues, I would rate it about a 8.5. Replaced disintegrated rubber on retaining brackets with felt pads. No rattle for me. Will post pics of backglass front when LED conversion is fully completed. Backglass Retainer Brackets.JPG Reverse Backglass.JPG Reverse Backglass.JPG complete.

Reactions: GUARD

John Price

May 31, 2020
Tottenham ON
Did the bottom board swap out. Found a glitch in the good cabinet with the coin door start switch, a bad contact point. I think it will be much easier to get the old board running now. Old cabinet is in rough shape, not sure how to add structural reinforcement. The sticker is from 1975, just before New Way moved to Kipling. Talk about a blast from the past! The work continues.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.JPG
    IMG_0387.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0388.JPG
    IMG_0388.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 16