• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Rush Pinball -The next Stern

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
So what are your thoughts??

It's fun to shoot and sure will fire on all cylinders if you a die hard Rush fan. Maybe I'm spoiled by my last two NIB purchases of JP and GZ that I didn't find Rush to be as "kinetically" satisfying :cool:

Bytor777

Feb 23, 2019
toronto
Just my 2cents but this pin is disappointing. Being a long time Rush fan...not a fan of the "cartoony" art. Gameplay seems like a mix of Tron and X-Men with a LOTR magnet thrown up the middle. Not to mention that horrible potential wear spot at the scoop. Just a rehash of old games....nothing innovative in my opinion. 10k??? I'll pass and wait for the crash.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Just my 2cents but this pin is disappointing. Being a long time Rush fan...not a fan of the "cartoony" art. Gameplay seems like a mix of Tron and X-Men with a LOTR magnet thrown up the middle. Not to mention that horrible potential wear spot at the scoop. Just a rehash of old games....nothing innovative in my opinion. 10k??? I'll pass and wait for the crash.

Funny you mention that and I did notice the same feeling or similar shots as X-Men and Tron which shouldn't surprise you as Borg did those games too.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
My feelings exactly. Not a bad effort by Stern, and glad the band was really involved in the audio portion of the game. However, it's a "meh" for me. I believe Borg is my least favourite designer on the Stern team, as most of his pins feel the same to me, and the thing is, I don't like any of them. I can appreciate everyone else's love for his pins, but he kind of ruined a perfect theme for me in TMNT, I love the art in that game, the callouts, the animations are cool too, just the layout was "meh" another Borg game that reminds me of Tron (which I guess a lot of people like). Wish Elwin would have done TMNT. But yah, even the art like you mentioned on Rush seems like a few steps back compared to all their recent titles.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
My feelings exactly. Not a bad effort by Stern, and glad the band was really involved in the audio portion of the game. However, it's a "meh" for me. I believe Borg is my least favourite designer on the Stern team, as most of his pins feel the same to me, and the thing is, I don't like any of them. I can appreciate everyone else's love for his pins, but he kind of ruined a perfect theme for me in TMNT, I love the art in that game, the callouts, the animations are cool too, just the layout was "meh" another Borg game that reminds me of Tron (which I guess a lot of people like). Wish Elwin would have done TMNT. But yah, even the art like you mentioned on Rush seems like a few steps back compared to all their recent titles.
I like toys on my games and was kind of disappointed with the playfield and the limited changes from other similar games. But it is Rush and the music alone sells it for me. I wish they added some cool features like with Godzilla to convince me to upgrade to the Premium. But I think I will be happy with the Pro.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I like toys on my games and was kind of disappointed with the playfield and the limited changes from other similar games. But it is Rush and the music alone sells it for me. I wish they added some cool features like with Godzilla to convince me to upgrade to the Premium. But I think I will be happy with the Pro.

The lack of a significant added toy definitely kept my purchase to a pro.

This is not a Godzilla premium but that is A-OK. Pro game looks very fun from what I have seen but for me it's also largely about Rush which is my favorite band of all time.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Dang - I would buy a LE for sure.. nice
I guess the LEs are rare given the real LEs are on glass. If you can find a local printer, I can send you the image file. PM me. Thanks.

I still need to shrink the LE image some as is getting cut off. This is more the actual translite size if you wanted to replace it in your game, etc.

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
I guess the LEs are rare given the real LEs are on glass. If you can find a local printer, I can send you the image file. PM me. Thanks.

I still need to shrink the LE image some as is getting cut off. This is more the actual translite size if you wanted to replace it in your game, etc.

I don't assume a local printer will make a nice light box for me unfortunately. ;)

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't assume a local printer will make a nice light box for me unfortunately. ;)
You can get the frames from Nitro Pinball in BC. Avoid the duty as already in Canada.

Reactions: kool1

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Initial thoughts keeping in mind I am far from a great player - fast game, not easy but not crazy hard. I actually like the dead end shot and the upper flipper loop is way fun! I worry about the scoop, hopefully Stern has a new part soon. Very minor bend only so far (I took a picture before I played a game to compare).

Compared to other Pros I have time on like Jurrassic Park, Godzilla, Deadpool, Metallica etc I think it plays very well. I really like music pins in general but Rush is my all time favorite band so this machine is a keeper. I am definitely a happy man.

Attachments

• e5501cf5c2e28da806c3b822ba0e3103f15a6a4e.jpg
    e5501cf5c2e28da806c3b822ba0e3103f15a6a4e.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 7