• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

revisiting the classics: new code megathread

Cait001

Nov 24, 2015
Ottawa
hey all, I have a thread like this on maaca and pinside, so I won't be updating the whole thing here, but long story short: I fricking love it when people take old games and update the code for them. There are SO MANY amazing layouts in old machines that with just a few ROM tweaks (and/or a massive re-write with a Raspberry Pi or PROC board!) become an entirely refreshing and exhilarating experience.

Please go check my threads, you might be surprised to find which of your machines have code updates available:

Here is a quick list of code updates available right now at the time of me posting, ordered by year of game release...
Black Jack
Hot Tip
Mata Hari
Playboy
Stars
Dracula
Meteor
Trident
Big Game
Cheetah
Flight 2000
Silverball Mania
Dragonfist
Flash Gordon
Jungle Lord
Pinbot
Mousin' Around!
Radical!
Star Trek
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Hook
Lethal Weapon 3
Star Wars
Judge Dredd
Jurassic Park
Tales from the Crypt
Red & Ted’s Road Show
The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard
Baywatch
Theatre of Magic
Junk Yard
No Good Gofers
Cactus Canyon
Indiana Jones

Quatermass

May 2, 2018
Toronto
Missed this post originally. Very cool!

Johnny Mnemonic would totally benefit from a code update.

Love the idea of updates and kits like Bride of Pinbot 2.0 and Funhouse 2.0.

Really interested to see if Lyman Sheats and Josh Sharpe end up working on code for games other than Cactus Canyon… Considering Sheats did the original code for all of CGCs previous remakes it would make sense. I’d totally buy a code update for my AFMr!