• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Question, Would a Pinball fit in my Honda CRV?

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
I was hoping to pick up my very first pinball over the holidays!

But
im wondering if anyone has moved one with a older CRV?

Im thinking back seats down and sliding it in the back door/hatch.

If it fits dimensionaly, would it be physically possible to get it in and out?
Cause I see it as a big push/pull deal since you cant stand up and use your back

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Happy holidays my brothers!

eh97ac

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga
Depends on the year, my 2003 CRV handles a pin perfectly. I have moved Bally SS, Bally WB SS, WPC, Sys11.... nothing has stumped it yet

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Thank you for the response's my brothers!

Seven, I was wondering about just that!
How well.... or not, the pin would slide in or out... the cardboard idea is GREAT!
As you guys well know, theirs not much room for your body, or more like a good position were you can do much other then push or pull.

Im gonna hunt down some boxes... shouldent be to hard this time of year I guess LOL!

Or maybe I'll take a drive to work... I got some lexan advertising signs that might be good too!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Congrats on your first pin!

Okay, at the risk of sounding really basic, this is a step by step for loading up the game; just in case :D
I can't comment on the CRV, but I can't imagine you'll have any issues with it.

I'm assuming this is a not a really old game, so the head will probably be folded down and strapped or shrink wrapped to the body.
You will, of course, have the game standing up on its back to dolly it to the car. Make sure you position the machine with the bottom of the cabinet facing toward your rear bumper and the coin door facing up.

I would get 2 large sheets of cardboard or some similar smooth material. The bottom one will tend to stay put under the weight of the game and the second one will provide some 'slip' to slide the game in better. I usually bring the 2nd piece out of the truck and sort of stand it up against the bumper. Then, you gently tilt the game forward so its resting on the bumper (with that 2nd sheet of cardboard pinned to the car).

This is the tough part if you are alone, but any reasonably strong person an manage it. with the game leaning into the back of the vehicle, position yourself at the back of the machine where it is touching the floor. You'll have to squat and get a good grip and then lift the back up as you push it into the vehicle. The 2nd sheet of cardboard should provide a really good surface to just slide it on.

This is the preferred method because, once you get it home, a single person can easily slide it out and lay the back onto the ground while the car supports the front. Then you just tilt it upright again and get a dolly under it. Pretty easy one-man operation.

Good luck!

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Man you guys are awesome! I dont even have it yet (setting up a meet time... i was ready to go look at it today LOL)

I was wondering how I was to wrestle and maneuver it, I appreciate the pointers! Theres quite a bit I need to learn.

Im sure the gentleman who owned it for the last 15 years at least should knows his stuff, he seems very nice/informative. Out of respect for him or some type of conflict of interest or possible forum rule, I wont mention his name.

On a side note... would you be weary of paying what seems to be higher then normal price like 2 or 3k for a pin (mainly calculating in how much they sold for in the past as the main factor) and lists like this one as a ballpark... for a totally stock pin thats never been shopped?

Im not trying to cause trouble by asking this question... like a price war or rant errr something. Im sure its quite subjective. But im talking about actual value, then perceived value.

Im good with talking about it in a PM if its better for any one.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
It might be a mute point if you've already made a deal. For future reference, reach out to some of the regulars here like mwong, drano, warlock, etc they should be able to give you a pretty good idea of the going rate of pins. Condition of the pin of course is huge.

I think the price guide that you linked might be a bit out of date. It was published earlier in the year when the CAD was much stronger.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
It might be a mute point if you've already made a deal. For future reference, reach out to some of the regulars here like mwong, drano, warlock, etc they should be able to give you a pretty good idea of the going rate of pins. Condition of the pin of course is huge.

I think the price guide that you linked might be a bit out of date. It was published earlier in the year when the CAD was much stronger.

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
As you can probably tell I'm new to these forums forgive me.

I just didn't want to start a new thread about the pricing so I guess I kind of hijacked my own thread lol

I'm not really trying to argue about the price I just want to have a knowledged insight at what one would/should expect to see ..in relation to what I'm paying for that particular machine.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think you'd have to let us know what title you're trying to buy and its general condition before we could comment on typical market value.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
There is a picture of a twilight zone being moved in a CRV from awhile ago and I can find it. It wasn't pretty. Looked something like this but much worse....

hh-car.jpg

libtech

Nov 14, 2012
Edmonton, AB
I have yet to try my wifes crv for moving a pin, looks like it will have lots of room though, seats lay flat and everything. I've met someone who moves pins in a honda fit, so my guess is yes :)

MultiHack3D

Aug 19, 2015
Toronto
Thats what I was thinking too, maybe, with the back seats down you should be able to have the cab rest against the front seat... might be able to close the door too?

In the picture shown, to me it looks like the seats are up?

I got a 97... it just wont die LOL!