• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Power draw incorrectly lighting inserts (2019 Deadpool Pro)

dcopeland

Jun 10, 2022
Toronto, ON
Things that draw significant power (flippers, slings, auto plunger, etc.) cause inserts that shouldn't be lit to light momentarily, and sometimes change what's lit and not lit in a way that sticks. It doesn't change the behavior of the code but indicates things that are incorrect (e.g. a battle is complete when the machine knows it isn't, or a playfield multiplier is active when it isn't.) This happens frequently during play when many things are firing but I was also able to cause it with individual coil tests. Videos:

Inserts flash
Inserts stick
Temporarily disabled truck flasher

I'm not sure when this problem began. I didn't notice it before I bought the machine in NY, transported it to Toronto, started noticing it a few days after. I've replaced some GI LEDs and lowered some power settings.

I've tried changing how the machine is plugged in (into a surge protector, directly into a regular outlet with AFCI breaker, into a GFCI outlet with a quality extension cord) and checked for loose connectors (though not exhaustively).

I'm a total amateur, and would appreciate any other suggestions for what I can check before calling in a pro. Thanks!