• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Playdium Store's The Walking Dead Launch Party TORONTO

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
OCTOBER 10th - 6:00 pm EST to 10:00 PM EST

With the upcoming release of their latest pinball machine, Cineplex Starburst in association with Stern Pinball and the IFPA proudly presents the Toronto Walking Dead pinball Launch Party

Come and get a chance to try out the brand new Walking Dead pinball machine, and while your there also enjoy some of the great food that Wacky Wings offers.

There will also be a tournament with trophies, apparel, and of course cash prizes, 100% of all entire fees taken in will be paid out.

The cash prizes break down as follows:

1st place - Trophy, 40% of the cash pot
2nd place - 30% of the cash pot
3rd place - 20% of the cash pot
4th place - 10% of the cash pot

Entries are $5 each and you can try as much as you like.

But even if you don't want to play in the tournament, it's still no excuse not to come as there will be a Walking Dead pinball machine for everyone to try.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly via PM!

I look forward to seeing everyone on Oct 10th at Wacky Wings

Join the facebook group and let us know you are attending here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1536202 ... r=upcoming

Address for the location for those without Facebook:

"Wacky Wings Mississauga"
1248 Dundas Street East, Mississauga, Ontario L4Y 2C1
Launch Party will run from 6:00 pm EST to 10:00 PM EST

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Re: Playdium Store Presents The Walking Dead Launch Party

Oh, I might actually be able to make it out to this one!

D

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec

Planning to be there as well. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

PBRev shirts will be available for $20 at the launch party.

I'll also have other swag like lanyards and bumper stickers that are FREEEEEEE

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
From Starburst / The Playdium Store

"Please note that James from the Toronto Parts Dept. will be attending the Walking Dead Launch party and can deliver any prepaid parts orders with him to this event. Call or e-mail him your pinball parts orders today or tomorrow before noon if you want something delivered to the Mississauga Wacky Wings location and can't make it to the Playdium Store.

As well, James will have on site Super Bands for regular and mini size flippers in various colours at a special price of 2.00 each HST in. So if you have been wanting to try these and haven't yet, now is your chance.

Have fun tomorrow and good luck to all."

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
IMG_20141010_194854.jpg

tim.sanderson

bstock said:
Had fun! Next time there should be 2 games for tournament qualifying and one for practice though.
Agreed. I only managed to get two quals in 3 hours.

That being said, a big thank you to Adam Becker for (like usual) putting in his time and effort. And thanks to Playdium for supplying the games.

It was great meeting a few of the PBrev guys I'd not yet met, and just as great seeing all the of the members I've met in the past. I've got a couple of pictures to upload, but I'll worry about that tomorrow morning.

:)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Thanks guys, glad everyone had fun.

Prior to this event, the high point of attendance was like 20 - 25 I think, but we smashed through that with 46 tournament participants, and we must have had over 50 people when you count the spectators.

So while previously there wasn't much reason to have a 3rd pin, if we keep getting numbers like this at the launch it shouldn't be hard to convince playdium to add a 3rd game to the event, as they have done it in the past, but when they did the attendance really didn't warrant it.

As for making a second tournament game if we got 3, I'm mulling the idea around in my head, my biggest issue is no two games of pinball every play exactly the same, so it's not a good measure of skill. Patrik had an interesting suggestion in that if we had 2 games I could create two separate groups, and then assign people randomly to each group.

Then take top 2 from each game for money, and top 2 from each game for prizes.

Something to consider, if we get a 3rd game.

But lets see what the next Stern offering is, I doubt if they make a Hello Kitty Island Adventure pinball we will see the same turnout we saw last night.

Walking dead was a great theme, which I think really helped draw people to the event.