• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Tournament - Waterloo Ontario April 5th and 6th 2014

ThunderStorm

Jan 2, 2013
Waterloo
Hey Everyone!

We are throwing a pinball tournament in Waterloo on April 5th and 6th 2014, we are having one per day so if you can only make one day that's no problem, and if you can make both days, then you might win both!

World Pinball Ranking Points will be awarded for the winners of this tournament.

We will also be doing cash prizes to the winners!

Entrance to the man show is included with your registration.

Here's the official writeup.

Man show Pinball Tournament

This will be a best score type tournament affectionately known as Pump N Dump .

There will be 4 machines and a player needs to play all of the machines if they hope to be able to compete.

When a player plays a machine, their score will be ranked against all the other scores on that machine. That ranking will be assigned a value, and then that value will be totaled up across all the machines to determine a final rank.

Only your best score is the one that counts. You are welcome to try as many times as you like, and only your highest score will count.

The winner of the tournament will be determined by the final rankings.

As an example:

Jack plays all 4 of the machines, and ranks 3rd, 10th and 17th, he will get 75 points for 3rd, 67 points for 10th and 60 points for 17th for a total of 202. That total score will be ranked against all other players.

To enter the tournament initially it will cost you $20, which includes a $10 registration fee as well as 4 qualifying entries that you can play on any of the 4 machines.

After you have played all 4 of your entries you can then purchase additional entries for the cost of $10 for 4 entries which can be played on any machine.

Each tournament, on the Saturday and Sunday will be separate from each other, a winner and cash prize payouts will be paid each day!

World Pinball Rankings points will also be awarded for both tournaments!

Post a message or PM me if you are interested in coming, would like to see what kind of numbers we have. and yes i know it's the same weekend as MPE the Michigan Pinball Expo, so the people that aren't going to MPE can come to Waterloo and still get some points.

Here's the flyer

Eric

10015018_10153898767865265_8098518_o.jpg

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: Pinball Tournament - Waterloo Ontario April 5th and 6th

Wanted to give a public thank you to Eric and Dan for stepping up to make this event happen!

The more competitive pinball in the area the better and it's important to support new events like this in the area so that we can continue to see growth in Ontario.

Another thing that is important to note is that since IFPA WPPR points are up for grabs, if you have any hope of getting into the Ontario Provincial Championship Series, and getting a shot and making the actual National circuit in 2015, this is another opportunity to do so!

But if you're thinking "Who cares, Adam Becker, Jack Tadman, or John Flitton are just going to show up and win it all anyway, so why bother!" Your in luck since Ontario's top 3 players are going to be out of Province that weekend, we all had already made plans to attend MPE with hotels booked so we won't be able to attend Eric tournament which sucks for us. But it means it's really anyone's game!

So I hope everyone will show their support to Eric and Dan and hopefully they can start to make this a more annual event (and hopefully not on MPE Weekend next time :) )

flyer666

Nov 16, 2012
Kitchener, Onatrio

tounry's open until 5 pm on Sunday....

Leave a little earlier on Sunday and do both.....

It's on the way home

my two cents

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

flyer666 said:
tounry's open until 5 pm on Sunday....

Leave a little earlier on Sunday and do both.....

It's on the way home

my two cents

I'm hoping to make the final for the PAPA Circuit event being held at MPE so ideally chances of me being in Waterloo by 5pm are slim :)

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Luckydogg420 said:
What games will be there? I Will be there for sure.

4 games ... the games themselves are TBD but the info will be posted prior to the tournament (with the obligatory pins may change for reasons beyond our control caveat)

ThunderStorm

Jan 2, 2013
Waterloo

The online registration is now open, so now would be a good time to register if you are planning on coming, will speed things up when you arrive.

should be a really fun show! hoping to see a lot of you guys out there.

Thanks

metrolandstore.myshopify.com/products/total-man-show-pinball-tourament-registration