• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Expo 2013

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
http://www.pinballexpo.net/

It's a little ways off yet, but not that far.

So I went to Allentown for the first time this past Spring and really enjoyed myself. Now I'm considering going to Chicago in October but I thought I should ask here first if its worth it. Is it anything like Allentown? Is it anything like PATZ? Many vendors? Lots of games to play? Auction? Flea market? Tournaments?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've never been but also plan to attend this year.
I've heard it's not like Allentown. More of a "show" and less vendors.
Although. I find this hard to believe given the size of the event

speedythepunk

Nov 29, 2012
No flea market...more industry orientated. Less EM's...lotsa Stern and overpriced shit to pimp out your DMD's. Good times though....

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
DRANO said:
I've never been but also plan to attend this year.
I've heard it's not like Allentown. More of a "show" and less vendors.
Although. I find this hard to believe given the size of the event

Good to hear you are coming out this year Adraino ...

I'd say more vendors but no flea market type bargins ... This year is my 5th or 6th in a row .. remember that Pinball Life holds an open house (free beer) and a pretty good sale at the same time. Illnois Pinball holds there own 'show' just down the street with their products as well. I believe you can do pre-orders with most of the vendors (as they don't have huge quantities of stock on hand) and pickup at the show.

Great pub across the street ... great hotel .. lots of non-pin stuff to do in Chicago as well if that is your thing (not mine but some folk like variety).

Stern Factory tour ... seminars are all top notch ... (tournaments are okay ... free play area is decent) .. no auctions (although there used to be)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Expo is more about playing, seminars, factory tour, and getting to meet a LOT of people. The venue is stellar, and with the free-play area open 24 hours and it being hosted in the hotel it's bar-none an all-you-can-eat format.

Speedy is bang on, it is good times. Especially if you roll with a good group. :) I'm hoping to make it this year, but I'm not sure what my schedule will be.

D