• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Depot Prices On Ebay

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
I hope I'm not insulting anyone or stepping on toes, but I just did a search on Ebay for the first time and.........well , ....I couldn' believe how many pins were "from Canada" at outrageous (I thought) prices. All were from "pinballdepot"......am I missing something about how one lists a price on Ebay or are those sombodies pipe dream prices?

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I can't see me ever buying a pin from Ebay, maybe some parts. Best to stick to the forums or people you know. But anyway you slice it, it is an expensive hobby if one is just starting out or you want a newer pin.

EvanDickson

Aug 8, 2015
Charlottetown
They have been flooding Kijiji with ads too.

I don't know if it's still a thing, but at one time the eBay seller fee on a machine was just too outrageously high (probably still is). A workaround for sellers was to list at a price that would never sell, but potential buyers could then look up your business and give you a call. Basically the eBay listing was just a commercial for your retail business. Retail will still charge much higher than the collector community though, they do have bills to pay.