• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PIN2DMD replacement colour LED DMDs - regular size, small DE displays - large SEGA displays

Jordan B

Sep 8, 2015
Vernon, BC
Speaking of SAM, I'd be interested in learning more about Pin2DMD for Star Trek Pro. Pricing and comparison to ColorDMD would be cool to know...

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Hey Dino, what's the availability for PIN2DMD displays currently (Stern SAM)? Sent you a PM with more information.
Speaking of SAM, I'd be interested in learning more about Pin2DMD for Star Trek Pro. Pricing and comparison to ColorDMD would be cool to know...

I have stock. Prices are $290 a piece plus colour files and shipping.

For Steve - I will send you a response shortly regarding MET. Yes, it has a slightly different setup. Not a huge deal. Looks great on my MET and everyone else has been happy.

For Jordan - Prices as stated above. Because of how Star Trek is colourized for PIN2DMD displays, the entire game has not been completed. The colour is actually added to the Stern game code file, same as MET, but there is not enough space in memory to do it all. MET has more memory, as do all the Stern music pins, because there needs to be more space for music and media files. There are a couple of us trying to find someone to do Star Trek the "normal" way, that is without having to update the game code but we haven't convinced anyone to take it on. Send me a PM if you want some more info.

Thanks guys!

Dino Z.

Reactions: System-J

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Huh, fascinating -- I had no idea. I'll watch to see what if anything develops!

And just for your awareness, if you are looking at the ColorDMD LED display (not LCD), the panels that are used for that and for the PIN2DMD displays are basically the same. It just comes down to the author's choice of colours and tastes.

Oh, and about half the cost... :cool:

Jordan B

Sep 8, 2015
Vernon, BC
Oh yeah, I'm all for PIN2DMD -- providing the creators get their cut. I'm sure lots of work goes into those colorizations!

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Oh yeah, I'm all for PIN2DMD -- providing the creators get their cut. I'm sure lots of work goes into those colorizations!

Lots of time. Guys are spending 300-400 hours if not more doing this stuff. My preference is that if you purchase a display, you grab the files directly from the author so they can provide you with updates. However, lots of people just ask me to take care of everything. I make sure the authors get paid. I have good relationships with many of them and want to keep it that way.

Reactions: System-J

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Hi Jamie,

I'm almost 100% certain they won't, I'm pretty sure I've checked before. I'd stick with that answer unless you hear differently from me. If I find out otherwise, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Dino Z.

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
I just installed a Pin2dmd from Dino in my TWD and wow it looks great.
Just wanted to say thanks for a great job!
Good stuff Perry! Glad you are happy. I will pass a message along to the colour author that you are really happy with it.

Cheers!

Dino Z.
Is the colourization finished?
I was hoping it was still in development. Now I need another Pin2DMD!