• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS PIN2DMD replacement colour LED DMDs - regular size, small DE displays - large SEGA displays

TrueJedi

Apr 20, 2017
Lindsay, ON
It's taken a few years, but Martin has completed the colour files for Ghostbusters. I've been waiting on this and as soon as I heard they were done contacted Dino to get is Pin2dmd and the contact for the colour files. If you have a Ghostbusters this upgrade is way better than that standard red display.
IMG_7664.jpg

IMG_7662.JPG

Reactions: Dino Z. and cuebert

Gary

Feb 10, 2021
Montreal
Hi I would like to buy a color display for South Park. Can you email me the details please how to go abouts buying one ready to go.

Thanks

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Nice! Is there a good up to date source on which games have compatible colour files? Mike had started a list in this thread, but that was a while ago. Tempted to get one of these for Ghostbusters.

Reactions: Nick Greenen

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Hi Dino.
Quote: "I am now also selling the larger format displays as well. Price for those is currently $380. It will hold steady until I am out of stock and have to re-order parts. I'm assuming there will be a price increase at that point."
What is th size of these larger displays? Are they 256X64 displays, like I've seen on the market?
If they are..... I'm aware that I'll have to adapt my display panel to fit the display.
Let me know.
Thanks.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
I noticed these are for sale on pinballleds.ca . Has anyone ordered one from them?

Also can anyone tell me the file format these use? I was into virtual pins for a while and I'm pretty sure I already have the color file for the game I want.

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
I noticed these are for sale on pinballleds.ca . Has anyone ordered one from them?

Also can anyone tell me the file format these use? I was into virtual pins for a while and I'm pretty sure I already have the color file for the game I want.
Virtual pins and real pins do not use the same files.

Most virtual pin files are free whereas real pin files are only accessible after making a donation to the author of the files.

Reactions: Dino Z.

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca

Hi Corrie,

Eddie, the owner of pinballleds.ca, lists them on his website on my behalf. If you order through him, you are basically dealing with me for the display. If you want to order a display and then some other parts from the site, we try to ship everything together in one box.

The files for virtual pins are not the same as the ones for real pins. For a real pin you need a pin2dmd.fsq file.

I'm happy to answer more questions here or via a direct message if you like.

Thanks,

Dino Z.

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
Virtual pins and real pins do not use the same files.

Most virtual pin files are free whereas real pin files are only accessible after making a donation to the author of the files.
Hi Corrie,

Eddie, the owner of pinballleds.ca, lists them on his website on my behalf. If you order through him, you are basically dealing with me for the display. If you want to order a display and then some other parts from the site, we try to ship everything together in one box.

The files for virtual pins are not the same as the ones for real pins. For a real pin you need a pin2dmd.fsq file.

I'm happy to answer more questions here or via a direct message if you like.

Thanks,

Dino Z.

Sounds good thanks. Dino I PM'd you about getting one for my Metallica :)

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Hello PIN2DMD people!

I recently got a colour display with a game I traded for. World Cup Soccer 94 and it is awesome. Really enjoy playing it.

The only issue though is that every second or third time you turn the game on, the display doesn't power on. It just stays off. The game has booted up otherwise fine with sounds and lights, just no display. You can turn it off and then turn it back on and it's good to go. After it has been turned off and then at another time you go to play again, and it might do the same thing again. Maybe every other time you turn it on or every third time perhaps.

Nothing looks to me to be out of place or hooked up wrong. I'm not entirely sure I know what to look for though. The previous owner knew of the issue and communicated it to me and so it wasn't a surprise, just something I inherited that I would like to get sorted out.

Here is a picture of the display from the back. Does it look okay to you? Wiring connections seem right? Are there any checks or diagnostics I could try, either for the display directly or the power supply coming from the game's boards? Could something like this be the revision number of the files on the microSD card? I would think not, but can't really say for certain.

Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_8202.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8266.JPG
    IMG_8266.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8222.JPG
    IMG_8222.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8224.JPG
    IMG_8224.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8227.JPG
    IMG_8227.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8228.JPG
    IMG_8228.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 14

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Hello PIN2DMD people!

I recently got a colour display with a game I traded for. World Cup Soccer 94 and it is awesome. Really enjoy playing it.

The only issue though is that every second or third time you turn the game on, the display doesn't power on. It just stays off. The game has booted up otherwise fine with sounds and lights, just no display. You can turn it off and then turn it back on and it's good to go. After it has been turned off and then at another time you go to play again, and it might do the same thing again. Maybe every other time you turn it on or every third time perhaps.

Nothing looks to me to be out of place or hooked up wrong. I'm not entirely sure I know what to look for though. The previous owner knew of the issue and communicated it to me and so it wasn't a surprise, just something I inherited that I would like to get sorted out.

Here is a picture of the display from the back. Does it look okay to you? Wiring connections seem right? Are there any checks or diagnostics I could try, either for the display directly or the power supply coming from the game's boards? Could something like this be the revision number of the files on the microSD card? I would think not, but can't really say for certain.

Thank you for the help!

It looks like a display I provided based on the pictures you've posted. I'm going to send you a direct message and see if we can figure out what's going on. I'd like to get some more details from you first.

Thanks,

Dino Z.

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Wow. Way to go Dino. Obviously a man who stands behind his product.
While Dino helped me sort out my display issues in private, I wanted to give a public thank you to him.

We did quite a lot of troubleshooting on the old display. Firmware updates, colorization files, swapping harnesses, ribbon cables and putting the display into another game of mine. This wonky display actually worked reasonably well in my Getaway, but anytime it was in World Cup Soccer, it would only start-up correctly 2/3rds of the time.

And even though he was under no obligation to do so, DIno made me up a new display and shipped it to me. I put this one in Soccer and it worked great. It also worked as expected in the Getaway. We did some more troubleshooting just trying to understand if there was some common thing causing the blank display start-up issues in Soccer and the only thing we ultimately determined is that something has gone wonky in that display.

That wonky display is going back to Dino and he's going to look at it and see what might have been the issue. Regardless, he was most gracious in providing me a replacement display.... at no additional cost!! How good is that for customer service?!? I would certainly not hesitate in buying future displays from Dino as my pinball collection expands. You're in good hands with him. Thank you again, DIno.

Jon in Guelph

Attachments

• IMG_8401.JPG
    IMG_8401.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Dino Z. and Mlam