• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Parting with the Remnants of a Collection and Looking for Advice

SSBallyFan

Mar 9, 2023
Binghamton, NY
So once upon a time I was a collector of Pinball machines with a pension for grabbing up solid state Bally and Williams pins. I sold off a lot of them to help pay for college but decided that there were two I wouldn't part with: my 1979 Bally Paragon (one of the few games I rolled over--in the presence of Rick Stetta if that's a name people still know) and a SUPER RARE 1985 Bally BMX. Finishing undergrad, I moved to Upstate NY for grad school where I immediately had my machines stolen out of a storage unit I rented for a month. At the time I was just about to clear coat the my Paragon playfield so I removed all the plastics, bumpers, etc. and kept them in bags which I still have. I also still have the backglasses (and a backglass for a Bally Mata Hari). I've been lugging the remnants of my collection around for a couple of years now and I think it's time to let them go to others who might need them to finish their own projects and that maybe another pin might be restored with original parts. It's been a while since I've been in the pinball buying and trading game and was wondering what sort of prices SS Bally backglasses and plastic sets are going for these days? I would post in the Buy/Sell forum but I'm really looking to test the waters and, to be honest, I have a lot of sentimental value associated with the few pieces I have left. I would appreciate any feedback or advice anyone has to offer.

P.S. I'm while I'm not looking for offers at the moment (but I'm always entertaining them), I'k honestly looking for advice and gauging what the pinball scene is like these days. I hope it's cool that I am posting on this forum as I'm currently residing in Upstate NY, but I figure I'm close-ish to Cananda so why not ask.