• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

O-Town Throwdown @ OPGS 2018 - September 22/23

MCS

Aug 29, 2018
Ottawa
Hi everyone, it's Megan Sprague from Ottawa. I'm taking over the reigns from Monty for the O-Town Throwdown, which will indeed be happening during the Ottawa Pinball & Gameroom Show at the Nepean Sportsplex, September 22-23.

This IFPA-sanctioned event will be an unlimited, best game qualifying format on Saturday with PAPA-style match play finals on Sunday.

Everyone will get two (2) free entries with show admission. Additional entries are $3 each or 2 for $5.

When not playing entries, you can take advantage of dozens of pinball and arcade machines set on free play, visit the Pin History booth to learn about the origins of the hobby (complete with some classic games), explore vendor booths and the flea market, and even meet Dirty Donny! More information about the show at: http://www.ottawapinball.com/opgs

Details about the tournament will be posted on the Facebook event page: O-Town Throwdown at OPGS 2018

The rules are available here: O-Town Throwdown 2018 Tournament Rules

The following prizes will be awarded within Main Division and rounded to nearest $5 increments:

1st = 30% of Prize Pool
2nd = 18% of Prize Pool
3rd = 12% of Prize Pool
4th = 8% of Prize Pool
5th to 8th = 4% each of Prize Pool
9th to 16th = 1% each of Prize Pool

There’s also going to be a Women’s division for the top 4 women who do not make the Main playoffs!

The following prizes will be awarded to the Women’s finalists and rounded to nearest $5 increments:
1st = 3% of Prize Pool
2nd and 3rd = 2% of Prize Pool
4th = 1% of Prize Pool

The volunteer schedule is here: O-Town Throwdown 2018 Volunteer Schedule
If you would like to volunteer, please sign up for open time slots or let me know your preference and I can add you to the schedule.

Other items of note:
  • All volunteers will earn 4 free entries for every hour they volunteer.
  • There will be an hour at the end of qualifying exclusively for people who volunteer two hours of their time or who donate a machine to the tournament.
  • Anyone who donates a machine will get a free weekend pass in addition to eligibility for the volunteer hour.
If you're planning to come and have a machine that you feel is tournament-worthy, please let me know.

Hope to see some of you there!

Reactions: GUARD and Fifty

MCS

Aug 29, 2018
Ottawa
House of TARG is hosting a 2018 OTTAWA PINBALL & GAMEROOM SHOW STRIKES BACK!! Benefit on Wednesday, October 17th and the O-Town Throwdown will now take place then as well seeing as the original event never got to happen because of the tornadoes and subsequent damage.

Due to the change of venue and shorter time frame, the format is going to be a little different. This time we'll be doing as many rounds of match play as we can get in during three hours followed by playoffs for the top 8.

Because it's a fundraising event, the entry fees will primarily be donated to the cause. As such, I'm setting the cost at a minimum of $10, but feel free to kick in more. The top 4 will get a small cash prize ($20 for 1st; $10 for 2nd; $5 each for 3rd and 4th), and the $1/player IFPA fee will come from the kitty, but the rest will go to support the OPGS.

Tournament starts at 7pm, but people can join up until 8:15pm or the end of round 3, whichever is later. Scoring will be 7/5/3/1 (or 7/4/1 for 3-player groups), so it will be possible to make up for lost time!

No rounds will start after 9:45pm.

In addition to the playoffs for the top 8, there will be a finals for the top 4 women who don't make the Main playoffs for the title of Women's Champion!

The O-Town Throwdown 2018 Tournament Rules document has been updated to reflect the new information.

Check out the Facebook event page for updates because I'm rarely on here. Just wanted to spread the word, in case people wanted to come show their support.

I know most reading this are probably far from the Ottawa area, but it would be great to see you, if you're able to join us!

Reactions: Fifty and GUARD