• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

new to this forum

clodbusterguy

Jan 22, 2014
nova scotia
Hi everyone, new to this forum! John Greatwich told me about this one! Thanks John as always! Anyway, first got hooked on vintage pinball machines from watching an episode of Pawn Stars, and American Restoration. From there my interest just took off! John is THE local pinball wizard here in Nova Scotia, and has helped out sooo many people along the way including myself. Over the past 2-3 years I have bought and sold close to 30 machines. I currently have a Bally Super Sonic in nice shape, a Bally Evel knievel, a Harlem Globetrotters, a Star Trek, and a Fathom. I have a background in machining, welding, 20 years in ATV+motorcyle repair, 25 years in work/build Radio Controlled Cars, glass beading and metal polishing if anyone needs anything help with anything! Anyway if you have any questions for me just ask!!!

Thanks!
Tyson

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Welcome. I've recently been drooling over pictures of those old 70s and 80s Bally games. Would love to see some pics of the collection! Beautiful pieces of machinery these games. They did a great job of licensing with Evel, Six Million Dollar Man, the Harlem Globetrotters, just to name a few....only to be matched by the creativity on their non licensed machines...Centaur and Xenon come to mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clodbusterguy

Jan 22, 2014
nova scotia
Thanks everybody! I should add as well that my father is a retired finish carpenter, who has started making cabinets and heads for the old Bally machines. He has made two for me so far....Made to order......

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Welcome....I'm guessing that you are a big fan of the Tamaiya Clodbuster by your Forum name. I have owned many since childhood and still like to take one for a spin/jump/rollover on occassion.

tx Dave

clodbusterguy

Jan 22, 2014
nova scotia
lolol You guessed correctly Dave! I build custom clods for crawling, plus I`m a huge Tamiya fan. I`ve got a bone stock shelf queen Blackfoot, a totaly aftermarket Blackfoot, a minty Monster Beetle (for sale), a very nice Blackfoot (also for sale), a mint Lunch Box, an original RC10T, and an RC10GT converted to electric(for sale)......

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Nice! I've got a nice Midnight Pumpkin that I'm restoring with NOS parts and just recently parted with an NOS Clodbuster, still new in box....

I have an old one in disprepair as well, but am currenly beating on one of the newer versions. I don't have a lot of time fo the hobby these days, but once my basement is finished, I might have the space to get things out again.... ;)

clodbusterguy

Jan 22, 2014
nova scotia
Yup I do metal polishing, and Glassbeading. Typicly I will take a rusty set of pinball legs, glass bead them, then paint them to match the machine they go on....Cheaper then a set of new ones!!!

somed00dxx

Nov 5, 2013
GTA
Welcome to the forum! I am a Tamiya guy myself. I am putting together a NOS hornet with my son I got at a yard sale for $5.

Richard

tim.sanderson

Welcome aboard!

I too am an RC guy. (mostly 1/10 buggy and touring car racing, but I also fly planes)

After working in the industry for the past few years, my interest in racing has declined quite a bit. But that's right about when my pinball obsession started! (one expensive hobby for another, I suppose ;))

I also collect vintage RC cars. Well, mostly Kyoshos from the 80's, and some from the early 90's. These are three (of many) that happened to be sitting on the desk next to my pins.

Seeing how many people are into RC here, maybe we should as Mr. Webmaster to make us an RC section in the general area!

Attachments

• vintage_kyoshos.jpg
    vintage_kyoshos.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 811