• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

my first virtual pin

dannyc

Oct 29, 2014
niagara falls
Hello everyone.

Here is some info on my build.
I am considering this my trial build so I can make a second table from a full size cabinet
This one was made from a 1977 wico big top home use machine which was about 2/3rds the size of a full table.
I used a 37 inch screen for the playfield and a 20 inch for the back glass
The Flipper buttons along with the leaf switches were left in to provide a better feel. I also stacked a second set of leaf switches and powered a set of wico flipper selenoids which I found add realistic feel and sound to the tables.

The pc is a quad core with 6 gigs of ram and 1 gig NVidia video card.

I have hooked up the Kinect to give me head and body tracking and have found it adds a ton of depth and a cool perspective when looking around the table. how ever I haven't decided if I am going to keep it yet.

Questions I have ......

Has any one used LED WIZ and how does it add to the tables?
Is a tilt sensor really needed?
It there a way to hook up some bumpers and so on under the table to give more realistic sounds?

Also I don't mind and ideas hints and questions. I am trying to learn and help here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dan.
http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/Pinba ... ry/PINBALL

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Check out zebsboards.com He's on PBRev and makes a great board that boosts the output of a led wiz so that you can connect solenoids that shake the table and give more realistic sounds. I haven't got my led wiz working yet, the software is not straight forward for a noob like me and I put it on hold. I like the idea of having the feedback through flashers, a replay knocker and contactors but haven't got there yet.

The tilt sensor is great if you incorperate an analogue plunger/nudge unit. Then you can shake the table to move the ball, and just like a real table it tells you when your to rough.