• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

More adds?

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
If yall get fancy enough with the integrations and can figure a way to do a paid sub (25 a year?) which turns off ads i think you'll get more people doing that..at least those of us that are more regular (i admit i have been negligent and not donated during my time here but find pbr an invaluable forum, so i do apologize)

Reactions: Fifty and Ponzie

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Is there a way for a new web browser to open when you click on an ad and it doesn't take you away from PR? Not sure if that is my home computer set up or at the website level? Thanks.

Trebec

Jan 4, 2021
Cobourg

Can we pin a donation thread? I would happily randomly drop donations to assist with site costs. I am sure many others would as well.

Reactions: Fifty

Ponzie

Oct 3, 2017
Ottawa
Can we pin a donation thread? I would happily randomly drop donations to assist with site costs. I am sure many others would as well.
I'd be down to pay to subscribe, support a Canadian site and remove ads.

Appreciate you guys keeping it going.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
The plan is to hide ads from the members who donated. We are using the auto ads to start, just to get a feel for the activity and get a baseline, then I need to remove all of the ads and redo it manually (next weekend) once that is done, ads will hide for those that have donated... more to follow...

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
nononono... see, you need subscriptions.. and you need to tier them. Pro, Premium and Legendary

Pro - No ads
Premium - you get ads still but you can talk shit about people who only donated at a "pro" level
Legendary - Back to no ads but you don't really post, because you just like to collect and not actually play... i mean post.

;)

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
The plan is to hide ads from the members who donated. We are using the auto ads to start, just to get a feel for the activity and get a baseline, then I need to remove all of the ads and redo it manually (next weekend) once that is done, ads will hide for those that have donated... more to follow...
Let me know where and how to donate to get rid of the ads. They are shite! :)

Thanks!

Dino Z.