• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Looking for early to mid 70's machine in excellent conditon

in2pin

Dec 11, 2014
Georgetown, ON
Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't remember the 2 machines you posted from back in the day.
I'm hoping to get something that I remember playing or at least something that I like the look/theme of.
Thanks for the links to the other sites.
Where does one go to get an idea on prices?

Dave

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Forums like this are the best place to get a feel for prices. Watching for sale threads, talking to as many people as you can. Prices change frequently and quickly depending on supply and demand of particular machines. I would talk more with Warlock. He won't steer you wrong and he knows the older games that you're looking for better than a lot of people. If he doesn't have what you're looking for, he might be able to help put you in touch with someone who does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Dave,

Bstock (PM for name), thewebexpert (ditto) and Luch (same) are all on the money.
You may want to start with middle of the road and think $750-ish as a benchmark.
Just look until you see a theme you may like or desire, ask online, or PM anyone you feel comfortable asking.
Here is an example from another new collector with a decent game. Look it up and then ask more questions or continue the search.
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17418
All the best.

Scott

Last edited:
Reactions: in2pin and luch

in2pin

Dec 11, 2014
Georgetown, ON
Scott,

A couple of the machines I played and like are Captain Fantastic and Wizard. I know over the years I've looked into these names and they seem to go for much more $. I also like card theme games ie: Royal Flush, Jacks Open or car theme games ie: Spin Out. Also remember playing a lot of games on Sky Kings.

Dave

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
You realize how much time I spend having to tell people (who's who?) when I travel around?

Sparky and Superjackpot and I are all discussing our "secret missions" this weekend offline currently.
They both indicate to me that they actually may not have met each other yet...

Kablamo! My brain exploded because I am in contact with these two fine gents every week, for 3 years now!

Back to the dark ages then...
As you were.
Fixed.

Reactions: luch

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Start hitting the "Like" button for all these posts then please gentlemen. (webexpert and luch too)
Wong and Drano and all the boyz are kickin' my *ss while I "Like" thumb up all their stuff constantly!

And my very first "over-sized" Picard...
Most Excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: luch

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
where abouts are you located? Sometimes thats a big determining factor in finding a machine in your price range and wants. im relatively new to collecting and i have found the best resource are those that are within an hours drive.

from what ive seen watching posts and for sales theres been a couple of "wizards" in the last month or so and i believe they were in the 1500-2000 range. not sure if those prices were got or not.

i have been interested in finding a captn fantastic too and i have been told not to pay more than 1500 in excellent shape. since looking i have seen 2 on kijiji... one was 900 in the ottawa area and there was one in toronto where the ad said wasnt looking for too much as long as you could get it out of the basement so i emailed.. and i was told someone offered him 4500.. i said good luck with thatlol . and the playfield was in terrible shape.

havent seen a royal flush in my travels anywhere.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
We travel "ludicrous" distances.
i went to ottawa to pick up my ten spot yesterday with a stop in kingston for the sure shot. luckily i had another reason to head that way to pick up my daughter. i know i was close to pulling the trigger for that c37 in quebec city a month or so ago too. we were about a 100 bucks apart and if it was still available i may have incorporated it into yesterdays trip. an easy drive to cambridge tomorrow.