• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Looking for beacon assembly for high speed

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
It's absolutely amazing how many people are missing this assembly from their HS! Makes me wonder why they were removed in the first place and where they all ended up?

Your best bet for this part is probably making it out to a show like the one in Allentown in May.

D

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Indeed, Allentown is where mine came from. Every now and then I've seen them on eBay, but they've wound up going for mad money.

Public shout-out to Cooke for picking mine up for me! Much appreciated while I was home in agony with the flu last year.

Trevor H

Nov 15, 2012
I may just end up trying to modify a cheap assembly from princess auto or something. I cant see spending $300 to get one shipped here from the US.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Actually, Sparky gave me a beacon that works on the DC car power supply, figuring it could be modified to work in High Speed. Since I no longer need it, drop me a PM if you're interested in it.

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Its too bad you're just looking now, there was one on ebay a week or two ago that went cheap.

From what I understand a lot of them were removed from machines on location because the locations complained about the light.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Grauwulf said:
Its too bad you're just looking now, there was one on ebay a week or two ago that went cheap.

From what I understand a lot of them were removed from machines on location because the locations complained about the light.

Wow... that just proves right there operators were a few fries short of a happy meal then! Why remove the entire assembly when pulling the bulb or better yet just disconnecting the connector would have solved the issue.

Ahhh... gotta heart Op's!

D

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Menace said:
Grauwulf said:

Wow... that just proves right there operators were a few fries short of a happy meal then! Why remove the entire assembly when pulling the bulb or better yet just disconnecting the connector would have solved the issue.

Ahhh... gotta heart Op's!

D

When it's removed it doesn't look broken?

Funny, everytime I played one in an arcade it had the beacon - a big part of the fun in the game, IMHO.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
find a HS with a beacon, if it's nicer then yours keep it and then sell yours for less the price of the cost of a new beacon.

Or take the beacon and resell the game for less the cost of the beacon.

that's what I would look into doing.