• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Looking for a Bally sound Board or Repair.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I have a Bally Fireball II with a AS-3107-03 sound board with no sound, in need of repair or replacement. I would be interested in buying a known working board or if someone is interested in repairing my current board I could send it out for repair.
The manual lists the sound board as AS-2518-61, so that may work as well as a replacement board. Someone that knows these old Bally may be able to chime in.

Attachments

• thumbnail_P1282635.jpg
    thumbnail_P1282635.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 9

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
I only get a hum from the speakers. Originally the sound flickered off, and I restarted and it as back, turned it off again and it was goon completely. Noticed several caps that were cooked and changed those, but still no sound. I have changed the pot on the con door as well. I tried to adjust the two volume pots on the board and they have scratchy sound is all. Was told it could be the IC's?
At this point I don't know what else to check.

zebulon

Jul 9, 2013
Whitby, ON
I've repaired a few of them, it sounds like the amp is working (getting scratchy noises from speakers) so it's an input signal issue.

Look at U10 (digital to analog converter) and U13/U14 (LM3900), their the most likely candidates for failure to completely stop the signal.

Rascal

Sep 20, 2015
nova scotia, canada
Thanks for the insight. Do these IC's need to be programmed or just straight replacement?

Are you interested in some board repair if I can't get this to work?

zebulon

Jul 9, 2013
Whitby, ON
Those ones are straight swap ins, there's nothing to program on them. Probably a PITA to remove the old ones but nothing too terrible. On the ones I did I replaced the ic's with sockets and then inserted the new chips into the sockets. It's overkill but if they failed once ......

If you can't get it going let me know and I can take a stab at it for you.

Here's a vid of the same board for a Centaur that I did .....