• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Lethal Weapon 3 blowing f1 fuse

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
My buddy told me tonight his lethal weapon 3 wont power on, loud humming noise , pretty much dead. He says it keeps blowing f1 on the power supply, 7 amp. No sign of burnt connectors, just happened. Any idea what would cause this . He said it was fine last time he played...no issues. I think this is the 5 volt power ?

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Could be a bad bridge rectifier, diode, capacitor, regulator transistor or other component(s) on the power supply,
or could be what is connected to the 5V output on the power supply via connector CN6 (MPU, others?) that has a short.
Would the F1 7A SB fuse still blow with connector CN6 disconnected on the power supply at power-up?

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Could be a bad bridge rectifier, diode, capacitor, regulator transistor or other component(s) on the power supply,
or could be what is connected to the 5V output on the power supply via connector CN6 (MPU, others?) that has a short.
Would the F1 7A SB fuse still blow with connector CN6 disconnected on the power supply at power-up?
Ill have to check....ill ask him to check ..thank you Sylvain !

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Hey Sylvain ...so I was out to my friends tonight. I unplugged the cn6 connector and the fuse still popped. I did notice when the board was removed there were black scorch marks directly behind the 2 bridge rectifiers on the back plate . There is also a burnt pin on bottom of cn8 , but thats gi lighting I believe ...Thanks !