• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Joker Poker Start Problems (solved)

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I had to disconnect my Joker Poker for a renovation. It only moved a short distance on the same floor.

I’ve plugged everything back in and I get all the lights and sounds at start up but pressing the start button nothing happens. No ball launch and the game doesn’t start. It shows 2 credits so I don’t think that’s it.

I’ve wiggled the connections to make sure they are in correctly with no change. I will likely try again since this is the limit of my technical skills

I’ve tried the test button to run the diagnostics but nothing happens when I press it. All I get is the standard start up lights still flashing.

I don’t own any electronic testing equipment to check the connections/pins.

All Suggestions greatly appreciated except sell it.

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Make sure you have a ball in the game.
Check ball trough switch, making sure the ball has it depressed and engaged. Add more credits to the game. Check your start game switch, make sure it is making contact when depressed. Recheck, for proper locations, and reseat all connectors to the board/boards.
Do these in this order.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Thanks very much Mike, I’m not sure which step solved the problem but it’s starting up fine now. Much appreciated.

I still have a tilt problem but I’ll review the other thread I created to see if I can fix that.

Now if my Jays could score some runs tomorrow we’ll be all set.

Cheers

Reactions: Mike Walsh