• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Iron Maiden Pro vs Premium

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I have found both available NIB, but there is a $2500 US difference between the Pro and Premium.
I have not played either.
Is it worth the difference?
Anyone played both and could offer their opinion?

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I'd played both and bought the pro, and I'm usually a premium buyer. At the time, I didn't think the extra cash was worth it. All you really get is the different sarcophagus lock, the different orb target, and the underworld shot. I do like the up/down ramp on the premium, and it does force you to shoot the left ramp a little more often, but gameplay-wise I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between the two. Compared to something like Avengers (which is missing a whole ramp), it's a decent compromise. I also prefer the art package on the pro to the premium-prem is too much powerslave, where the pro is everything. Can't really go wrong with either though-a hell of a game.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Yes it has the sarcophagus lock which is cool and I definitely prefer the up-down ramp on the premium versus the standard ramp on the pro. The big sell for me was the artwork. I'm the opposite to Chris, I think by far the premium artwork is the best of the three versions with the Powerslave style cabinet and backglass that meshes well with the playfield. Like I said, it's not likely worth the extra $2500, but it was the only version I wanted in my arcade.

I started a poll on Pinside three years to help me in my purchase decision. After 512 votes the result was a draw.

Last edited:

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I previously owned the premium and have a pro on order. I think the pro gives you the same basic game play and not many extra features on the premium. I am probably going to end up paying more for the pro than I previously sold the premium for :( In hindsight, I should have kept the premium!

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
If you want to play the game for a year and sell it, then get a pro. If you like the band and/or the game and its a long term keeper, I would get the premium if its in your budget. I prefer the premium but the pro is solid (unlike Led Zeppelin where the pro is really lacking).

Pin_Fandango

Dec 29, 2020
Ottawa
I am not a fan of the band however every time I play this game it just pulls me in.

Never tried the premium, and tend to be a prem buyer myself, but in this case don’t see the point. The pro is just pure fun and shooting the ball over the ramp and make it fly to the back board is way more fun than shooting it under.

it is just an overall awesome pinball machine: Great layout and awesome shots and this is Pro for me at least.

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
I don't own either, but have played both quite a bit. Personally I prefer the Pro.

I find the centre lifting ramp on the Premium makes the shot too easy. You can dribble a ball up and it makes it. On the Pro, you really need to hit the ramp. Conversely, the Mummy, I think, multiball is harder on the Premium and I like it on the Pro. On the Premium, you have to hit the left ramp and that's a tough shot. I prefer the easier start to MB. I also really don't like the mech for the captive ball on the Premium. It's very finicky and is tough to get just right.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Owned a Premium and think it's an amazing game, there is no world that I think the Prem is worth $2,500USD more, I'd buy the pro all day long with that spread. The pro just keeps on moving, the two main features on the Prem slow the game down dramatically imo. The sarcophagus mech is super cool, I love it, but, when you're playing the game a lot, for me, it just slowed things down way too much. Kind of like the dinosaur mech on JP, super cool the first couple of times, but after that I just want to play pinball. For me the artwork on the Premium was hands down the best of the 3. I don't think you can go wrong with either personally.

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
IMDN good! Had a blast with mine.. debating moving it out though. Ever since I got TWD I just haven't put as much time into IMDN and when I do flip it...ehhh. Almost been a year, probably time to swap it out, lol

Corrie

Oct 2, 2021
Mississauga, Ontario
IMDN good! Had a blast with mine.. debating moving it out though. Ever since I got TWD I just haven't put as much time into IMDN and when I do flip it...ehhh. Almost been a year, probably time to swap it out, lol
I'm in the market for an IM right now. Let me know if you want to sell